chapter end

I stand up from my chair and make my way over to

Ms. 78778's house. As I approach the door, I take a deep breath and knock. The door creaks open and out walks Ms. 78778. I notice something strange about her appearance - her teeth have been replaced by fish that are sucking on her bleeding gums.

To my horror, I watch as she digs her finger deep into her nostril and rips through it, before popping the freshly-picked booger into her mouth. Despite her bizarre appearance and behavior, I try to maintain a sense of calm and normalcy.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you look today?" I offer a polite smile, trying not to stare at her unusual appearance. Ms. 78778 stands on her bony legs, one foot resting inside her dog's abdomen, and simply stares back at me.

"This is the part where you say 'thank you'," I prompt, slightly unnerved. Ms. 78778 finally utters the words and I acknowledge her gratitude with a smile. However, I can't shake off the eerie feeling that hangs in the air.

When I eventually push past Ms. 78778 and enter her house, she inexplicably transforms into a block of bloody snow

I see a creature with spiny tentacles writhing and twitching in the air. Its bulbous, oozing body pulsates with an iridescent green glow. Across the room, a towering creature with thick, hairy limbs towers above me. Its many eyes gleam in the darkness as if scanning for its next prey.
I hear a skittering sound and turn to see a swarm of tiny creatures, each one no bigger than my pinky nail. Their blood-red eyes glow eerily in the darkness

"They all stare at me with eyes wide open, and as I come into view, their pupils dilate, and their eyes start to bleed. The room is filled with the sound of slurping as they begin to lick the blood from each other's eyes. Disgusted, I furrow my brow and take a step back, carefully positioning myself on the top of the table.

With a venomous tone, I screech, "We are here to celebrate Lady Death's birthday, not indulge in such grotesque practices. Get to work!" As if on cue, the crowd starts bustling and already begins to busy themselves with macabre decorations. They hang up corpses around the room, and an elephant can be seen ravaging on a nearby shirt while the humans are locked in a cage.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, and I spin around on my heel, startled by the sound. Lady Death's husky voice echoes through the door,

"Let me in." Although the humans shout their usual song of "Don't let her in," I grip the doorknob and let her in. As I open the door, I am struck by her overwhelming warmth, which seems to freeze me in place, leaving me paralyzed

(Basically, he was hallucinating  and he opened the cabin door and died because of the cold)