3

The group had left the hospital a little over an hour ago, staying at the small bar a few minutes away.  A few were spread out along the pool table, everyone playing except amber who was glued onto Y/n's side.

"So what's she like, the sister" Liv asked referring to Tara's older sister.

"Sam? Oh Sam is so cool" Chad smiles
"Yeah, you only say that because she let you wear Pokemon onesies to bed for a year."Mindy said.

"That's  true, true statement." Chad smiles, recalling the times Sam let him wear the "cool pj's" as he would say, while the others had "plain ones". Making the group laugh a bit.

"No, trust me, Sam is not cool." Amber butts in, stepping away from Y/n and closer to the pool table. "Her dad left her mom walks right out when Tara's eight, sam's thirteen. Sam started acting out, getting in trouble with the cops." Amber said, staring at Wes on the last part before continuing "And then, on sam's eighteenth birthday, she leaves. Ghosts them all. Maybe sam's changed. I just don't want to see Tara get hurt again." She finishes.

While Amber went on her small rant the other four (not including Liv) looked at each other. It was easy for Amber to say things like that because she didn't know Sam like they did. Or like Y/n did. Y/n can remember countless times Tara would tell her how much she missed her sister or why she left. So she let out a small scoff, feeling bad for the older carpenter. But Wes was just annoyed.

He scoffed "so what, you're protecting Tara from her own sister now?" He questioned, his eyebrow slightly raised.

"Well, someone has to." Amber responded

"Okay, so no guys are good for her or Y/n and now her family's off limits, too?"he scoffed once again, slightly leaning his weight onto his cue stick.

"Mm, motive." Mindy called out, pulling Y/n away from Amber and close to her. "If I can't have her no one can." She stated with a smile.

"What?"

"We all know you have a crush on Tara. It was so clear when you got mad at Y/n when they got together. Sorry if you're still hurt about that." Mindy smiled once again, patting Y/N's chest on the last part.

"Okay, come on Mindy." Both Y/n and Wes said, clearly embarrassed.

"But we're all suspects." She states, looking around the group. Y/n also went to look around the group before her eyes landed in Amber's, which now had a dark glint in them. Y/n immediately went to unravel Mindy's arm around her as she walked back towards amber.

"Ignore her, y'know how she gets over this crime shit." Y/n said, attempting to distract Amber from the Tara stuff. she also grabbed a hold of amber's arm bringing it to wrap around her waist.

"It's annoying." Amber stated, adding a slight force in her grip. Y/n let out a low wince at the new force. But before Amber could hold on any longer, an argument started to break out Infront of them.

"Yo, Liv you want a real drink?"Vince called out "or, you happy sitting at this kids table?" He said with a teasing smile.

"Alright hey, listen up uglier Michael Meyers. It was a fling, it meant nothing." Chad stated as he starts walking up to Vince.

"Sorry, was I talking to you-"

" I don't fucking care who you're talking to" Chad cuts him off

"Liv let's go" Vince says as he points behind him. Instinctively Y/n pulls away from Amber and grabs Liv, pulling her behind.

"Listen, don't you fucking talk to her. I don't wanna fucking hear you're goddamn voice." Chad says being up face by face to Vince now.

"I'll go find your girl then." Vince smiled, now pointing to Y/n "then come back for yours again" he said, looking back at Chad. Both Chad and Y/n felt themselves grow angrier by the second but for different reasons. Chad was mad because he was insulting his girlfriend. But Y/n was mad because he was insulting Tara who Vince most likely knew was injured.