Chapter 26: Midnight Madness

Start from the beginning

The three looked at the swinging watch but nothing happened. They shared each other a confuse gaze before the Mc pressed a button at the side of the watch and the three immediately fell asleep.

"Did you see-"

"I am Groot." Groot interjected Y/n while whispering.

"Yeah, that guy did something to his watch." Ciel added.

The hypnotist began to give command to the three. It was fun and all until Ben dialed the Omnitrix. Y/n was about to react but out of nowhere, Gwen already tackled his cousin to the back stage.

Later that night, Max is working on the Rv while the kids are inside. Gwen is showing Ben videos of him being hypnotized on stage and as Grey Matter serving Gwen while Y/n is playing his gameboy as Ciel tending Groot's overgrown parts.

Ben snatched the camera away from Gwen and trying to erase the footage, but his cousin protested and the two began to fight for it. Before the argument could gone to worst, Ciel snatched the camera off their hands with her mana.

"Can you two knock it off? Me and Y/n are tired being your third wheels." Ciel complained.

"Who needs a third wheel, anyway?" Ben shot back.

"You guys." Y/n countered without looking.

As if on cue, Max entered the vehicle and everyone went to sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

The next day, the team returned to the mall. However, for some unknown reason, Ben is unusually tired.

They came across a broken Sea Dragon ride and the security claimed someone stole its rotor. Then, his co-workers showed him a piece of Diamondhead's shards, in which makes both Max and Gwen glared at Ben.

"What? I'm not the only alien in the galaxy, y'know?" Ben protested to them.

The rest of the day went by without incident, and the team is fell asleep but Y/n. The Nemetrix wielder is pondering if there's a connection between the crime scene and Ben's sleep deprive. And as if giving him answer, he found Ben wide awake and jumped down the bunk bed.

"Ben?" Y/n sat up from the couch. "Something's wrong?"

The Omnitrix wielder gave no response. The boy stood in front of the door and transformed into Upgrade.

"Ben!"

Y/n dashed at Upgrade, but the alien morphed through the door. The boy exited the vehicle and found the alien climbing up the mall building. The rest of the team soon awaked by the commotion and watched from afar.

Suddenly, the mall security arrived and cornered Upgrade by the roof with three heavily armed helicopters. The alien climbed to the clock tower, and the local police soon arrived to assist.

One of the helicopter opened fire but due to his body like liquid, the bullets has no effect on him. Upgrade jumped at one of the helicopter and merged himself with it.

Using his new form, Upgrade shot down the remaining helicopters and the local polices. They're lucky that Upgrade didn't kill anyone.

"Y/n, aren't you gonna help him?!" Gwen yelled but turned to deaf ear.

The Nemetrix wielder simply observed the event with his narrowed eyes. He wanted to see the end of this.

Once there's no more resistance, Upgrade approached the clock tower and merged with it. Then, he took the clock and escaped the scene. Y/n gave his partner a chase and transformed into Hypnotick.