14

"Awwww, did Ray want to spend time with me," I tease him. "M-Maybe," he slowly replies. He turns red and looks away from me. "Awwww," I reply and hug him. "Y-Your my best f-friend, why w-wouldn't I?" He says flustered.

I feel like I just got stabbed in the heart. "Hey, Norman, are you okay?" He say worriedly as he moves closer to me. I slowly nod in disappointment. He hugs me. "Are you sure?" He asks for clarification. "Y-yeah," I say and try to give him a reassured smile. He gives me a skeptical look. "Okay...," he says definitely not totally convinced.

"Gilda and Anna keep texting me..," I sigh still disappointed.

Gilda:
Hey :)

Anna:
Hello :)

Anna:
Norman respond!!!

Gilda:
Yeah get on!!!

Anna:
Pleaseeeeeeeeee

Gilda:
Norman are you on???

Anna:
Or are you having a make out sesh with Ray????

I show him my phone. He turns red and hides his face in his arms. I snap a photo. "H-Hey!" He shouts as I turn off my phone.

He takes my phone and turns it back on. "W-Why is th-that your b-background?!" Ray asks turning even more of a crimson hue. "Cause it's a good photo?" I try to come up with an excuse. Ray looks away from me.

Ray grabs his phone and looks at his texts. "Th-They won't stop t-texting me e-either," he says slowly. He shows me his phone and I read the texts.

Gilda:
Hello Ray

Anna:
Hello Ray :)))

Gilda:
Are you with Norman?

Anna:
He won't respond to us

Gilda:
Hello?!?!?!?

Anna:
Pls respond!!!!!

Ray retracts his phone. I pull him closer to me and watch as he responds to the texts.

Ray:
Yes I'm with him
Now leave us alone

Anna:
Oooooooo

Gilda:
Norman and Ray sitting on a tree

Anna:
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Ray:
Shush it I'm putting you guys on mute.

Anna:
Whatever

Gilda:
Fine
—•—•—
I laugh at his responses. "Don't be so mean," I chuckle and pull him on my lap. I pull out my phone and angle it to where we're both on screen. He leans back on me to make the photo more realistic. I wrap my other arm around him and place my chin on his head. I snap a quick photo and send it to the girls.