Epilogue Special Pt 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey...where's Eclipse?" Amari asked as she noticed the third hatchling absent in their cave. "I don't know. She was right behind me." Akio said as he too looked around their home. Amari got up and started walking towards the cave entrance. As soon as she got to the ledge platform and was about to fly in search for Eclipse, there was a rustling above as small stones sprinkled down and her ears perked up. Amari shrieked and backed up when a medium-sized sharp metal came flying down and embedded itself on the stone floor barely missing her. She snarled when she saw that it was a knife, sometimes used by metal giants during fights, and then abruptly stopped when she heard a disappointed groan. Up in the roof of the cave was Eclipse.

"Aw, fishbones. I almost had it perfect!" Eclipse groaned as she jumped down to the platform. Akio rushed out to check on his mate and then looked at the knife and then at Eclipse. "Eclipse, what are you doing?" He asked as he went over to help Amari up. "Testing my anti-metal giant defense skills. You and mom are always talking about how dangerous they are if they aren't one of those that you befriended." Eclipse explained as she went over and pulled the knife out of the stone floor with her jaws. It was heavy, but she managed to carry it to place it on the side. Amari shook her head in disbelief and in question.
"Alright, first of all, we never said that they were dangerous. Second, the humans aren't our enemies anymore. They are our friends. Third, I can't believe you are still taking to other dragons that don't like humans." Amari said. "How? Humans aren't our friends. They are killing monsters. And I have taken every precaution to defend myself from them" she said as she gestured over to the back of the cave outside. There they saw that hidden in the corals an crystals was a collection of sharp objects and metal giant weapons large enough for a regular adult dragon to carry. Which alarmed the parents more as to how Eclipse, a young hatching, managed to carry them from the entrance where fallen metal giants laid in waste, all the way to their home cave.

"Akio...how did you not notice her carrying these to our home?" Amari growled in warning as she faced her mate with narrowed eyes and bared teeth. Akio's eyes widened and looked to the side in shame as he backed up a bit. "I don't know honey! I swear! We haven't even been near the entrance!" He said exasperatedly, his voice stressed as if he was telling the truth. Amari sighed and shook her head in disappointment. "Look, Eclipse. I know that you feel unsafe about metal giants. But that doesn't mean you should bring their weapons here. There is no need for that. And the humans that control them are not all bad. Some are out allies and friends. Like I told you and your siblings" she explained.

"Alright. Then explain me this: are they giant?" Eclipse asked.
"Well, yes" Amari said.
"Do they use sharp and deadly weapons?" Eclipse asked next.
"I suppose they do" Akio said.
"Do they attack every type of dragon?" Eclipse said
"Yes, but now only if they are threatened" Amari said.
"What's with the scar on your back leg?" Eclipse asked as she glanced at the scar hidden under the fur of Amari's back leg.
"Oh. That was....ummm..." Amari asked, but Eclipse cut her off as everyone knew the answer of who made that scar.
"Yeah. Thought so. So I will NOT let my guard down by throwing the metal weapons that could be the only defense against the metal giants. And I don't care if you ground me if I refuse to get rid of them. Now if you all excuse me, I will get my fill of fish and continue perfecting the defenses of our home" she said as she lifted her head high and closed her eyes in a regal manner before striding back into the cave. Amari watched Eclipse go with a look of disbelief, Akio wearing an expression of guilt and the other two hatchlings watching their sister in surprise.

"How did this happen?" Amari asked herself as she looked down and turned around to go somewhere near to process what has happened. Akio told Swallow and Linna to return to the cave before going to lay down next to Amari. She sighed and lowered her head to the ground.

"This isn't right. What some dragons think and are starting to influence out hatchlings with those ideas. They are still terrified about humans and their metal giants because they haven't met a good one like Henry and his friends. Even his father who believed that dragons were monsters changed. We have to help steer out kids so they don't go in the wrong path" Amari said as she sighed. Akio moved closer to his mate and nuzzled the side of her head to comfort her as well as tenting her over with one wing. He was in some deep thought before his ears perked up. "What if we showed our kids and the dragons how you two met and became friends!" Akio said. "That's...a great idea. But...the problem is how do we recreate it? We don't have a human we know or their metal giant currently here in the hidden world that could help us with the demonstration. And...how do we do it on our own?" Amari said as she looked up at her mate. "We'll figure something out. Be it perfect or crazy" Akio said with a smile and gave Amari a lick. Amari purred and nuzzled back, later both of them looking at their hatchlings playing with each other.

Afterwards Amari looked in the direction of the entrance of the hidden world, the exit that led to the outside world and the home of the humans. "Is everything alright?" Akio asked as he noticed her look out over in the direction. "Yeah. It's just...after all this talk about the humans...makes me miss my friend Henry" she said as she looked at him.
"Yes. I also miss my friend Elias." Akito agreed with a nod.

"I wonder if...Henry also misses me. Even right now..." Amari said as she stared at the night sky that was barely visible from where they lived.