"Then by the powers of StarClan, until this kit has earned her warrior name, she shall be called Sunsetpaw. Whitemist will be your mentor. Whitemist, you are quick-witted and loyal, I trust that you will train Sunsetpaw well." Larkstar mewed proudly.

Whitemist smiled and dipped her head in gratitude. The white-furred she-cat smiled kindly as she patted over to the base of Highrock and touched noses with Sunsetpaw.

She looked up and nodded to Larkstar. "I promise to teach Sunsetpaw everything that I know," she meowed proudly.

"Twilightpaw! Sunsetpaw! Twilightpaw! Sunsetpaw!" the MistClan cats cheered, yowling their joy to Silverpelt as they did so.

Once the noise had finally died down enough for Larkstar to speak, the dark brown tomcat leader yowled loudly to get his Clan's attention.

"There is one more ceremony that I must compleate," the dark-furred tomcat meowed, his eyes sweeping over the Clan as he spoke.

After a short pause, the MistClan leader continued speaking.

"The biggest honor a leader can do is to turn an apprentice, or two in this case, into warriors. Silverpaw, come forth." Silverpaw then went to the base of the Highrock to meet Larkstar. "I, Larkstar, leader of MistClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." He then looked at Silverpaw, who raised her head. "Silverpaw," Larkstar continued, "do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan even at the cost of your life?"

"I do." Silverpaw replied. "Then by the power of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Silverpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Silverfeather. StarClan honors your courage and quick-thinking, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MistClan." When he was done, Larkstar then rested his muzzle on Silverfeather's head, who then licked the leader's shoulder. "Silverfeather! Silverfeather! Silverfeather!" the whole Clan cheered.

After Silverfeather stepped back it was Leafpaw's turn to step forward. "I, Larkstar, leader of MistClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." He then looked over at Leafpaw as she raised her head. "Leafpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan even at the cost of your life?" Larkstar said. "I do." Leafpaw replied with determination. "Then by the power of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Leafpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Leafwing. StarClan honors your inelegance and honesty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of MistClan." He then put his muzzle on Leafwing's head, who licked Larkstar's shoulder.

"Leafwing! Leafwing! Leafwing!" the Clan chanted Leafwing's new name. Leafwing then went to sit beside her sister. "As of tradition, Silverfeather and Leafwing will sit in silent vigil all night and guard the camp while the rest of us sleep. You are all dismissed." When Larkstar was finished a few cats went to the prey pile to get something to eat before going to sleep for the night.

As cats were heading toward their dens to sleep for the night, Bluepaw saw Silverfeather and Leafwing being congratulated by their mentor's, Echosky and Firesong respectively.

•••

When Bluepaw opened her eyes, she was a bit surprised to find herself not in the apprentice's den, but in a clearing of beautiful silver flowers and a vast woodsy forest with frost lining the grass-covered ground.

Slowly standing to her paws, the blue-furred she-cat scanned the strange clearing for any signs of life.

Noticing a flower coated in sky-blue petals dappled with silver-and-white, Bluepaw slowly patted over and took a hesitant sniff and gently batted at the strange flower with a blue-colored paw.