Chapter 1- Letter

Cassandra's POV

"They're coming!" my dad yelled whilst looking out the window. He stumbled lightly at the floor mat, panicking. "What do we do?" my mom asked looking worried. She paced back and forth then stopped when my dad held her hand. "I dont know, i'll try to talk to them. You hide sandra as I do" My father continued. She just nodded and ran towards me.

"Mom whats wrong? who's coming? why are you two panicking?! mom answer me!" I yelled, trying to hide the tears that escaped my eyes.She didn't answer me. Instead, she brought me to the secret door we had at our living room that camouflages the color of our walls. "I do not have much time to tell you everything, ju-just stay here sweettie. Its too dangerous outside" she stated then pecked my forehead and stared at me for a while then continued,

"No matter what happens, always remember that we love you" she ended, closing the door and left. I wanted to go out but her words rang through my ears..

'just stay here sweettie. Its too dangerous outside'

What does she mean? Who's coming? why do they want me to hide here? are they oka- . A loud thud released me out of my thoughts. My heart pounds fast as sweat drops down my cheeks. There happened another loud crash and sound of glasses breaking followed by screams. I cant really hear them well so i leaned at the door listening carefully.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" a thick deep voice yelled. "W-we d-dont kn-" He replied stuttering but was cut by a loud thud. I then recognized the man's voice as my fathers'. I started to cry but I held my mouth to cover the sobs, i dont want them to find me. Another loud thud echoed outside and it was louder than the last time. It sent shivers down my spine which made the hair at the back of my neck stand from fear.

I wanted to help them and call 911 but i lost my phone before my mom shoved me in here. I bursted out in tears when I heard her cry for help, I hate myself for not doing anything and just listening.

Everything went silent..

I slowly opened the door and was shocked to see our house wrecked. I scanned the room for them. Windows, glasses, table, chairs, tv and everything else were thrown everywhere. Its as if a huge tornado passed by. My gaze met that of my dads'. He was lying on the floor having blood all over his body. His forehead has a huge crack in it which caused the blood to drip down the floor. I immediately rushed towards him and hug him tight. The man who stayed right beside me for years is dying on my own arms.

I burst out crying again searching for my mom. I saw her lying at the couch not so far away from dad. I held her head slowly to see a huge cut down her neck. I already had no ability to control the tears that are flowing down my cheeks. She held my hand and caressed it, her lips are parted. I cleared my throat and wiped the remaining tears before speaking..

"M-mom.. who did this?! tell me!" anger, fear, guilt and pain flashed in her pale face. She grasped enough amount of air to be able to speak to me.
"Sweettie, f-find the letter be-beneath the refridgerator" she whispered while pointing at the kitchen.

I waited for her to continue but she slowly closed her eyes and- NO! She cant die! I cried and cried, still not letting go of her arm. Our fingers were entwined with each other.

"No!! Mom!!Dont leave me! Pleassee!" I begged for the woman who i loved the most died right infront of me. I quickly stood up reached for the refridgerator and searched for the note but it wasnt there.

So I pushed the thing with full force and got shocked by the mini door that was hidden underneath it. I quickly opened it and saw a box with something written on it. It looks vintage. The box is covered in dust and looks really old. It seems like it was hidden there for a long time waiting for me to open it. I have no idea why my mom did such a thing but whatever it is, i knew its kinda important because she clearly doesn't want anyone else to see it.

I blew the dust away and saw my name clearly tinted at the top of the box. I gently opened it to reveal the letter my mom asked me to read. I open the letter and read quietly...

Dearest Casandra,

It maybe impossible to believe all of these happening, but they want you. I have kept you for eighteen years away from them, as my job to guard Jane and Robert, they have suggested to take care of you. With all my powers I have kept you hidden from the evil that swarms you at this moment. I have been watching you, wishing I was the one to take care of you my darling, all I wanted was the feeling of holding my daughter until she grows old enough to be on her own, but to me, I only had held you since you were born, until the day, Jane and Robert have accepted you in their lives. I know there are a thousand questions you have in mind at this moment, but the answers lies beneath in one place where you belong. You need to find someone with the symbol drawn in this paper, and that person will lead you to your answers, just please be careful.
And I'll be here watching you.

Your loving mother, Elizabeth.

My bloodshot eyes are wide as my mouth hang open. I closed my eyes shut and quickly pinched my skin hoping to get away with this nightmare and wake up by the scent of pancakes mom always cook me for breakfast.

But then a sudden realisation hit me, i tried to process everything that had happen... And it was all damn true. Mom and dad died and i am sitting here looking crazy after reading an old letter someone named elizabeth gave me.

And the fact that she said im her daughter makes me want to cry more. Momm- i mean Jane wanted me to read this letter to what? Make me hate her?? I mean this is not the right time for jokes so why the hell will someone made things up?? It doesnt even make any sense!! I held my head with both hands as I groaned out of pure frustation.

'Honey, calm down' a woman's soothing angelic voice whispered through my ears.

I turned my back to see who it was but noone was here with me except the two dead body at the living room. I ignored the voice and washed warm water at my face to get rid of my red puffy eyes. It has been like 2 hours of continious crying and i needed to call the cops right now. I dialled the number and talked to them.

After a few minutes, the cops came and asked me questions, i answered them with all honesty. That i was hidden in the room and when i got out my parents was already dead. Ofcourse i didnt include the part were she told me to find the note. I don't get it, who will bring me to my answers?

I reached for the letter and touched the tinted pattern underneath it. I don't have any idea who will.. but whatever, i dont have time to think of it right now. All i need is to take a long warm bath and a nap to process everything. The cops will be calling later for the funeral and investigation stuffs so i might as well rest first.

I ran upstairs to my bedroom, and pulled a clean tee and sweatpants out my wardrobe so I can change in to them after. The water was warm and comforting, felt like it had washed away all my problems. But sadly, it didnt remove any of it.

After a good 30 minutes rest at the bath, I dried my hair and saw my reflection at the mirror, rosy cheeks, puffy eyes and the strands of my hair went to every direction. One word can describe me right now..

IM A MESS. Bloody mess.

I jumped at my leopard Queen size bed and flashbacks starts to come again, I tried to ignore it but tears uncontrollably roll down my cheeks as I fell asleep crying. My life turned upside down from the moment i learned that...

they weren't my real parents.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Wohoooo! Finally finished the 1st chapter! Been reviewing it over the past week.

Ps: This story isn't exactly like the movie TMI. I had changed quiet alot about it and the characters are different. So hopefully you guys can give it a shot. :)

Please Vote and Comment to make this story grow. <3