Chapter 13: Echoes of a Sports Festival

Start from the beginning

The class murmured in unison.

Bakugo: "Our fight?"

Midoriya: "Don't tell me..."

Y/n: "More villains?..."

Aizawa: "UA's sports festival is approaching..."

The class: "That's totally ordinary!!"

I stood to my feet with my hand raised.

Y/n: "Sensei! Is this entirely appropriate? We just had a villain attack and yet we're expected to open the school to the public?"

Aizawa: "I appreciate the concerns, but it's necessary to demonstrate UA's crisis management protocols are sound. That's the thinking apparently. Compared to past years, they'll be five times as much security and police presence. Anyway, our sports festival is the greatest opportunity of your life. It's not a event that can be canceled by villains."

I sat down in contemplation, us this truly the best course of action, it's not just the school's image at stake, but our lives...

Though it did just occur to me the humongous amount of heroes that will be in attendance.

Aizawa: "The UA Sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events! The Olympics were once the world's sports festival, the whole country would be whipped into a frenzy over them, but as you know, that tradition has shrunk in scale to a shell of its former self. And as far as Japan is concerned, the event that's taken the Olympics' place is the UA Sports Festival!"

Yaoyarozu: "The nations top heroes will be watching right? They'll be there scouting us!"

Kaminari: "Theyll be looking to hire us as sidekicks after we graduate, that's how it's done."

Jiro: "And some of those sidekicks never manage to fly solo, staying sidekicks forever... that'll be you Kaminari."

Well that was... unnaturally harsh.

Aizawa: "Naturally, you'll gain valuable experience and popularity if you're picked up by a big-name hero. But your time is limited, Show the pros what you're made of here, and you'll futures for yourselves."

The entire class had looks of determination, clearly all ready to try their best.

As class was dismissed, I walked up to Aizawa's podium.

Y/n: "I'd like to grab a few support items registration forms for the Sports Festival."

Aizawa looked unimpressed as usual.

Aizawa: "You still afraid to use your quirk on others Y/n?"

It was less a question, more a unimpressed statement.

Y/n: "Yes Sensei." I stated plainly.

Aizawa reached into the podium with his free hand and pulled out 5 registration sheets.

Aizawa: "I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but it seems you're unable to come to terms with it yourself..."

I looked in confusion to what he was getting at, reaching for the registration sheets.

Aizawa: "What happened when your quirk manifested wasn't your fault..."

...

Those words hit my soul deep.

...

Aizawa: "You shouldn't be afraid to use your quirk in school."

...

Y/n: "...I-"

Aizawa: "I understand you don't want to hurt your fellow classmates, but you need to understand that this is the line of the hero, and if they feel that you need to stop using it, then they're the ones who need to find a new line of work, as heroes, they need to experience the type of pain they'll feel in the future."