❦ Chapter 15 ❦

2583 Words

Prompt: ''It's pointless to count stars''
''It's also pointless to count freckles, but I know you have 24 on the edge of your right hand.''

TW: Short sh-talk, 

. . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽
- 𝓢𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓪 (𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓸𝓵𝓪𝓻 𝓔𝔁𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼)

. . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾
𝕊𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜𝕥𝕙, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟛

''All I want for Christmas is youuuuuuu,'' Kate and I scream as she pulls into my driveway. We spent Christmas Eve at her place. It was fun but also a little sad. Kate's parents are indeed divorcing and this is the last Christmas they will spend together. I noticed the tension in the room when they were both there and I could tell they put on a smile and performance for Kate. Luckily we had decided to spend the night at my place, also Rose wanted that because she didn't want to open her present without us. She also didn't want to wait for us. Let's say that that girl had me wrapped around her finger. 

''you guys are late!'' Rose scolds the moment I open the front door. Scarlett is standing a little further away and I can see the amusement in her eyes. 

''What? We're not.'' I say. I told Dad we would be here around midnight, it's 11.30 pm. We're not late. 

''We need to be in bed by midnight! Otherwise, Santa won't bring our presents!'' Rose tells us sternly. I totally forgot about that but in my defense, it's been a while since I've celebrated Christmas with a kid who still believes in Santa. 

''Oh, damn, you are totally right! Then we better hurry up, right Kate?'' I play along

''Mhh, so let's get serious and see who can be in bed first!'' Kate challenges us. 

''Wait, can I sleep with you guys?'' Rose asks us and I quickly shoot a glance to Scarlett who nods, telling me she is okay with whatever I decide. I look at Kate who also nods. 

''Of course, you can!'' I say and Rose jumps up in excitement. Rose takes mine and Kate's hands and pulls us upstairs. She pulls us to my room and tells us to get ready for bed while she gets her pillow and stuff she needs. She runs back out and Kate and I look at each other.

''She is like a copy of her mom,'' I say and Kate laughs

''Excuse me?'' I hear behind me. 

''Uhm, Rose is just like you is all I said.'' I correct while turning around to meet Scarlett's eyes. 

''Mhh, okay then. Are you two sure Rose can stay? She will take up the whole bed.'' Scarlett says

''We're sure, I'll just put her on the ground if she kicks me,'' I say and Scarlett laughs, she wishes us goodnight before going to help Rose. Kate and I grab some PJs and walk into the bathroom to change. I try to change quickly but Kate stops me when I'm in my underwear and her eyes go over my body. They linger a little on my thighs.