❦ Chapter 13 ❦

4556 Words

Prompt: ''I don't sleep. My mind had the scary capability of being dark en demented.''
''You are afraid of your dreams?''
''Yes,'' I said quietly

TW: flashbacks and talking about the car accident, a bit of panic, mentions of nightmares, mentions of self-harm and staying clean

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂'𝓿𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓮 - 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝓽𝓸𝓸.
- 𝓞𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓻 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓭𝓮

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝓐𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓮
𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕪 ℕ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘𝕥𝕙, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟛

It's been a few days since the accident. I had surgery on my wrist a few days ago. Dad arrived at the hospital shortly after I called Kate the other day. He said his phone was off during a meeting that ran a little long. I shrugged it off but Scarlett was very annoyed. I feel like she talked to him when they left the room to grab some food and drinks because Dad came back looking a little sadder than at first. I don't blame her, I was in more pain than needed because he didn't pick up. That day Dad also made sure Scarlett is allowed to make my medical decisions in case it ever happened again.

My surgery went according to plan but I need to stay in a cast for like six weeks, which sucks because I can't really paint now. I do want to try to paint with my other hand but it's never going to be as good. On happier news, I'm getting discharged today. Dad is signing the paperwork right now and Kate is sitting next to me on the bed. She is watching tiktoks while my head is lying in the crook of her neck but my eyes are closed. I still have a headache so I prefer no to little light. I do laugh at some of the TikTok sounds.

''Okay, we're free to go,'' I hear my Dad say as he walks back into the room. ''I also got your sunglasses from the car. The sun isn't out but I thought maybe it will help your head.'' He says and I take them while thanking him. Dad and Kate pack my stuff while I walk into the bathroom and try to get dressed in some normal clothes. My shirt is hard to put on because it's a tight long sleeve so I exit the bathroom.

''Can someone help with my shirt?'' I ask and they both look up. Kate is a little taken aback seeing me in just a bra and jeans but recovers quickly and tells Dad she will do it. She walks to me and guides me back into the bathroom. She wides the sleeve with both hands before bringing it to my arm, and sliding it on easily. There are no issues with the rest of my shirt.

''Thank you,'' I whisper due to her closeness. She smiles at me before kissing me.

''You're welcome, You're beautiful you know that right.'' She says and I blush

''Thanks, but I'm no one special''

''Yes you are, you are my wonderful, beautiful, and very hot girlfriend. Trust me, I just saw her without a shirt for the first time and almost fainted'' She says and I laugh a bit. I want to reply but Dad opens the door and we look at the door, arms still wrapped around each other, neither of us making a move to back away at his presence. He smiles at us before telling us all my stuff is packed and closing the door again. '''Let's go,'' Kate says and gives me another kiss before trying to pull away.