❦ Chapter 8 ❦

3593 Words

Prompt: I grip the rim of the porcelain sink and try to steady my hands. ''One last time'' I whisper to myself. One. Last. Time.

TW: small allergic reaction, self-harm, blood

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° . +

𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓼, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓮𝓽
- 𝓣𝓪𝓶𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓦𝓮𝓫𝓫𝓮𝓻

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝓘 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝔽𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕆𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟞𝕥𝕙, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟛

This week has been hell. Being grounded is no fun. Luckily today I'm free again. My friends and I have decided to have a skincare night. Me, Coral, and Kiera require some extra skincare and Guy just has to deal with it. Kate sadly can't come since she has work tonight and then early in the morning.

I woke up and ate some fruit before I got ready and waited by Dad's car. I also said goodbye to Rose who is staying at her dad's again this weekend. Dad drove me to school and he was a little irritated that I still wouldn't sing along to the music with him, but I'm not ready yet. The moment I do is the moment I truly forgive him and things can go back to normal. As far as we can get back to normal. I don't even really know what the new normal is...

I get to my locker and say my mornings to Guy and Kate who are talking to each other. I grab my stuff out of my locker and make my way to my first class; English. I sit next to Coral and for most of the class, we talk about what we are going to do tonight. I google some stuff and make a grocery list for after school during my biology class.

On Fridays, Kiera makes our lunch. They brought some lovely bagels and loads of fruit. At the sight of all the fruits, I get so happy I jump up and hug them.

''OMG, you are amazing!'' I say as I let her go and she flips her short hair, for them it is already long again. I sit back down next to Kate and give her half of my bagel so I can eat more fruit. I continue eating fruit everyone starts their own little conversations. I fall into a conversation with Kate naturally. My head is on her lap so I stare up at her. She is so freaking pretty, I don't know why she is with me. She could've done so much better than my ugly ass but I've learned not to comment on that because she will get mad and tell me I'm beautiful and all that crap.

When lunch is finished, Kate, Guy, and I make our way toward history class. We joke around in the class until the end when we get our grades. Guy got a B- but he is pretty happy with it, seeing as he and his appointed project partner didn't get along great. Kate and I got an A! The teacher was impressed we looked further than America and looked at the impact World War II had on European countries. She said it was 'out of the box thinking' and therefore rewarded with the highest grade; an A.

After history, I say goodbye to Kate and tell Guy we will all meet up at our lockers since he now has biology with Kiera and Coral. I make my way to painting class. Today we focussed on painting hands and I loved it. It turned out great! After class, I walk to my locker and I fall into conversation with the rest. Coral and Guy are here on their scooters so that's great.

Coral and Kiera will go to the store to grab some face masks and stuff and Guy and I will go to the grocery store for food and drinks. After a bit, we all met up at my new house. No one is home but Jess. I make her some coffee before showing my friends around the house. They all love it and comment on my painting area and how much they love it. It's nicer than the one I had at Dad's place.