❦ Chapter 7 ❦

2216 Words

Prompt: He squinted his eyes while looking over at me. ''What's the matter with you?'' He asked. I glanced down at my feet and mumbled. ''I don't know''.

TW: Yelling (?)

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝓐 𝓫𝓪𝓭 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓽𝓾𝓭𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓻𝓮. 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓸 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓲𝓽.
- 𝓤𝓷𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷

. . • . ° .• °:. * ° .

𝑭𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔
𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟘𝕥𝕙, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟛

''FAITH EMILA JOST'' My Dad's harsh voice wakes me up. My head is pounding and I'm very very nauseous. I look up and see my Dad standing next to my bed. He looks angry and it's understandable.

''So I ground you and you decide to first, go the the fucking grocery store, and don't you dare say 'swear jar' right now I'm not in the mood.'' He says as he sees my mouth opening at his cussing. ''You're even stupid enough to post that on Instagram like I don't follow you on there. I mean it gets even more stupid when you decide to sneak out of the house and get drunk. Do you know what could've gone wrong? Do you know how much you could've been harmed? God, Faith it's like I don't know you right now. You're never this utterly stupid.'' He continues to yell at me. I don't like it when his voice is raised, but I deserve it. He is right. He takes a deep breath before continuing. He yells at me for a few more minutes. Before he decides my faith.

''I'm grounding you for the rest of the week. Do you have any important commitments?'' He asks as always when he grounds me. It doesn't happen often but every now and again I do something stupid.

''I have a history project that I need to do with Kate. It needs to be finished on Friday. Next to that, I would like to have a chance to talk to Kate before you take my phone because something happened last night.'' I say as I feel a lump form in my throat, remembering what Kate told me. Dad's expression changes a little, and he takes a seat on my bed, facing me and putting his hand on my leg in support.

''What happened?'' He asks and I take a few breaths, It didn't happen to be and I'm still so affected by it, I can't imagine what Kate is feeling.

''Well, I didn't know at first. But I was just hanging out and talking with some people when I realized I hadn't seen Kate in a while so I went looking for her. I found her in the garden, alone. Naturally, we flow into a conversation but I do notice something is off so I ask her if she is okay, She pushes me away at first, but I'm persistent because I want her to feel good and safe at the party, otherwise we're going home. She told me that a group of older guys, who also bought the alcohol, bothered her. One guy asked her out and Kate said 'no' to him, he didn't like it so he asked 'why not?'. Kate answered that she had a girlfriend and the guy said 'You just haven't been with a real guy yet'. Kate didn't react to him so he just grabbed her and kissed her. Kate had pulled away from him and the guy had asked 'Do you wanna go out now?' after which Kate had slapped him and walked outside. Shortly after she told me that I left with Scarlett. I told her to stay with Coral and tell her, but I'm worried about Kate. I mean I'm affected by it and it didn't even happen to me. I just want to give her a call and make sure she is as okay as she can be.'' I finish and Dad looks at me with a sad expression. 

''I'm sorry that happened to her. You can give her a call right now. Maybe also discuss when you're doing the project because I'm allowing her one visit for it, but your-''