❦ Chapter 4 ❦

5042 Words

Prompt: I was angry. Deeply hurt, sad, and angry. Despite all of this, I rose to my feet with the unshakeable knowledge that no emotion I was feeling could change anything.

TW: None

. . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓯𝓾𝓷, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓲𝓭 𝓸𝓯𝓯. 𝓘𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓮
- 𝓚𝓮𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓱 𝓔𝓪𝓭𝓮

. . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷

𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛𝕣𝕕, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟛

Faith POV

This past week I've been spending a lot of time with my friends to avoid my dad. My friends helped me pack, which was great. Okay, lazy Coral didn't do much but she was awesome emotional support for me. I mean that. She was always seeing when I needed a hug or needed to punch something, she would either hug me or hold a pillow so I could punch that without hurting her. She even went to pick up some coffee and tea from my favorite coffee shop and brought my favorite person, Kate, with her. Shortly said all my friends are amazing. There are so many boxes in my room now, that I literally lost everything because I'm not aware of what is in what box. Somewhere along the lines, we forget to write on the boxes and now I'm too lazy to change it.

Dad and I barely talked this week. I just don't know what to say to him. He wants everything to be okay. Don't get me wrong I want that to, but I'm not the one that made a mistake. I'm not the one who should make amends, he should. He is my dad, I would forgive him in a heartbeat for this but he needs to own up to it. Until then I will remain mad and cold even if it hurts me.

It's Saturday right now, which means we're moving today. I just woke up and I'm just staring at the ceiling, waiting for the inevitable to happen. A knock on my door lets the feeling sink in fully. That's my dad. It's happening. I take a deep breath before I mumble a small 'come in' at which he poked his head through the door.

''Get up, moving truck is here in 30 minutes.'' He says before closing the door again. Did I mention that he is also cold and distant with me for some reason? I get that I didn't say what he wanted to hear and that maybe I was a bit rude but it's no reason to act this way. He is the grown-up, right?

I was angry. Deeply hurt, sad, and angry. Despite all of this, I rose to my feet with the unshakeable knowledge that no emotion I was feeling could change anything.  I change into some ripped mom jeans and an old crop top and look around me at all the boxes. I sit back on my bed and a few tears spill out of my eyes. I stay in thought for a bit before another knock brings me out of my thoughts.

''Come in'' I say and the door opens up to reveal Kate. I didn't know she was going to be here today. 

''Hey Pumpkin, I hope you don't mind that I'm here. I knew today was going to be hard for you so I thought I would stop by before I have to go to work.'' She says. Kate is always so freaking considering. I can't help but jump into her arms and cry, letting all my emotions go. She holds onto me while walking back to my bed. She sits down with her back against the headboard. I'm sat with one leg on either side of her, so I'm straddling her. After a bit, I lift up my head and give her a sweet kiss.