3

(NOT PROOFREAD AT ALL)

𝐼𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖 𝑇𝑎𝑦𝑙𝑜𝑟LOCATION: Chicago

𝐼𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖 𝑇𝑎𝑦𝑙𝑜𝑟
LOCATION: Chicago

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Imani sat in her car outside of south shore Highschool blasting " Gallery dept. by babyface ray" waiting for it to open.

It was her first day and she refused to be late to school knowing that it would affect how her teacher thoughts about her.

Scrolling through instagram Imani saw someone coming up to her car out of instinct she locked her car door.

When the person who walked by turned around knocked on her window.

Since the unknown person was up close Imani immediately recognized them as the principal of the school Mr. Johnson. Rolling down her window she waited for the man to speak.

" excuse me but since we're open I'm going to have to ask you to turn that music down." The gray haired man spoke with a grimace.

Imani nodded her head before turning the music down and waiting for the doors to open to students.

She didn't want to walk in to early or too late because the hallways would be crowded by then. But she also wanted to be able to get her schedule and lunch number because her aunt forgot to send both of them to the girl.

Finally Imani saw more cars pull into the school parking lot either parking in the lot or dropping off students.

She thought about going in but decided against it as she saw the amount of students she would have to get through.

As Imani sat in her thoughts she first than saw a Mercedes truck park next to her and saw a group of teens get out of the truck. As the group of kids got out she checked to door to the school and saw it wasn't as crowded as earlier and got out right behind them.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Imani sat in the office eating for the office lady to bring her the folder that contained the paper copy of everything she needed. She had already taken the photo for her school id and had it printed out.

After five minutes the office lady who was apparently named "Ms. Perez"  finally came back and handed Imani the folder with a mug on her face. Imani mugged her back and right before Ms.Perez got to say something back another office lady named "Mrs. Carter" came out with a boy who looked to be Imani's age.

( we all know that one office lady with a attitude every single day😭)

He had dreads that were dyed brown and blonde. She thought the boy looked familiar but she hadn't even been outside yet. Staring at him for a couple more seconds the girl say that he was the driver of the Mercedes truck.

"Ms. Taylor I want you to meet Mr. Jake Taylor since it's your first week here we decided that Mr. Taylor would show you around the school." Mrs. Carter spoke waiting for either Jake or Imani to refuse.

When they didn't refuse she signed a sticky note that excused them for being late, and the two exited the office. While they were walking to Imani first class which was common planning and it turned out they shared the class.

As they were waking you he two made small talk and got to know each other.

Jake learned they Imani was from Detroit and Jake happened to be the brother of the Mayor.

She also learned since it was the first day nothing was really about to happen and that teachers were explaining there syllabus.

Jake and Imani finally reached the class and knocked on the door. Their Teacher "Mr.Jones" opened the door and as he was about to scold Jake and Imani. Jake handed Mr. Jones the sticky note.

The teacher read the note and handed it back to Jake but not before telling them that he wasn't about to repeat what the class was talking about before and to ask a classmate instead since he had already gone over it.

After Mr.Jones got done talking Imani turned away to find a seat when Jake asked her to come and sit with him.

Since Imani was actually confused she turned to ask the girl next to her what Mr. Jones had said.

Once she got her answer she turned around and took a picture of the syllabus and added the picture to her notes and saved the note before deleting it from her photos.

After her first class the rest of the school day seemed to go by fast and before she knew it she was at a shopping plaza buying stuff for her room.