"I did not expect you this early, Osman Bey," Nikola quipped through grunts.

"That is quite obvious. You would not have done this treachery if you knew I was coming, now would you?"

"How about this, Osman?" Nikola hastily bargained. "I will release your brother and uncle, and you will drop that torch."

Osman nodded in false understanding and defiantly lowered the torch as Sienna stayed rooted to the spot.

"So, you are ready to die along with us, is that so, Osman?" she challenged, as he covered Nikola's mouth with his boot to prevent him from speaking. Cold steel met her throat, and she glared at the Kayi Alp beside her.

"And what about you?" Osman retorted calmly. "Are you ready to die with me and your snake of a master?"

Sienna gulped silently as his attention moved to Nikola who plead another deal with Osman. She stared between the two, her clenched fist easing as part of his words ran through her mind. Are you ready to die?

"Do as I say," Osman Bey commanded, refusing Nikola's second request to drop the torch. "Release the prisoners! Release them!"

Tension coated the atmosphere, and after another moment, Nikola gave in. Sienna squeezed her eyes shut in relief and subtle disappointment as the Tekfur admitted defeat and retreated.

Dumrul Alp cautiously removed his sword from Sienna's throat and started for Dundar Bey and Savci Bey as per Osman Bey's instructions. The Alps helped the Kayi Beys toward the horses as Nikola's soldiers tensed, keeping their gazes fixed on the Turks.

At last, Osman released Nikola, and the Byzantines held their breath as Osman lowered the torch.

"Now, take your soldiers back with Sienna and retreat," Osman ordered. Nikola loosened up his jaw and eyed the Kayi Bey challengingly. "Now!"

Sienna glanced at Nikola, who raised his arms in surrender, as the rest of the soldiers backed away.

"How are you planning to get out of here, Osman?" Nikola tested, earning a grin from the rebel.

"Just as smoothly as I got in."

His confidence sent shivers down Sienna's spine and boiled her blood at the same time. As they continued to back away, Nikola yelled, "Kill him!" and grabbed Sienna's arm as he ran behind the stalls.

Before she could even blink, a fire erupted from the centre of the castle's square.

Screams of the common folk and the scrambling footsteps of the soldiers filled the castle. Sienna heard Nikola coughing beside her and found herself doing the same. She blinked hard to rid the tears that the smoke formed and waved her hand in front of her blindly to cut through the thick fog.

Osman's victorious roar made Sienna and Nikola turn to a dark figure amidst the fog, and Sienna watched with disbelief as he rode out of the castle, freely, just as he promised.

When it seemed quieter, Nikola rushed toward the cart where Osman had been, followed closely by his soldiers. "Osman! Where is Osman?!" he thundered, doubting it was Osman Bey who left the castle just a moment ago. He hastily searched through one of the barrels of gunpowder on the cart to realize it was not the flying flame he sent out. "HE FOOLED US!"

Sienna winced at Nikola's booming voice and anger as he ran aimlessly with his sword out, ordering Osman to show himself. Sienna followed slowly when Nikola stopped at the open gate of Kuluchaisar. "TO THE HORSES!" he roared to his soldiers.

Sienna side-eyed him, then realized the order was meant for her too. She hurried to the stables to find Guven and ordered the soldiers to gather the wounded before riding out for the Kayi Bey, Nikola's cries fading away.