A bright golden flash distracted my thoughts and knocked me out. I was fucked.

I awoke in what looked like a make-shift hospital.

"The... the king requires your presence..." a gerudo, who I assume was running the make-shift hospital, spoke softly.

"Yes, thank you... sarqso" I mumbled, rubbing my pounding head.

I groaned as I got up, my legs felt like absolute shit.

"You may feel dizzy, I had to give you medicine for the pain. You were screaming in your sleep" I was told.

My mind fogged with confusion, but I brushed it off as I had important matters to attend to.

As I neared the King's quarters, I took a deep breath in, I felt uneasy. Something happened when I was out cold, but I had yet to find out. Before I could enter the room, an arm held out in front of me, preventing me from entering.

I looked up to the guard who had stopped me, making a face of confusion. "Good luck, we have your back, just give a signal" the guard told me, flashing a sad smile.

"O-Okay..." I stuttered, nodding to her.

Once she put her arm back down I took another needed deep breath. The 'good luck' only made me more nervous.

I stepped up the stairs, eventually getting to the dreaded room. The King sat on his throne, arms crossed, brows furrowed. He looked pissed.

"Aether" the king grumbled angrily.

"Yes... yes, sir?" I stumbled on the last step of the stairs landing on the floor in front of him. I cursed as he crushed my fingers beneath his shoe.

"You made us LOSE!" Ganondorf shouted, kicking my already frail body into a pillar. The sheer amount of power he held was terrifying.

"I didn't mean to, I just-" before I could finish my sentence I received another kick, this time in the stomach, pushing bile up into my mouth.

"You just what?" He growled, hovering his foot above my arm.

"I needed to help, to help him" I spouted, my voice grave.

"YOU ATTACKED THE KING, ME, HOW DARE YOU!!"

I took kick after kick, my head pounding with it. Everything hurt, yet he kept hurting me. He wanted something. He wanted to feel power over me, but I wouldn't let him.

"I DID IT FOR LINK!!" I finally shouted, my anger boiling over. A couple monsters summoning infront of me. Using a wave of malice to help, I got up off the floor, summoning more and more monsters.

"ENOUGH!" A new voice yelled from the entrance with a wave of their hand, Lilith had gotten rid of all the monsters, leaving behind only horns to show.

"I found out your little plans, Ganondorf. You are a liar. The town is thinking of taking your 'crown', it's over" Lilith spoke, lowering from their usual hover to the floor.

"Get out Lily" Ganondorf told them.

"You must put a stop to this behavior, this is not good for Gerudo Town! You are putting the people in danger!" Lilith scolded the king.

"LEAVE!" Ganondorf shouted, stomping towards Lilith, raising a hand in the air.

"Why must you do this?! Don't you see? We need you! I need you. You, but not your destructive plan!!" Lilith's eyes started to water, they looked very undecided.

*SMACK*

Silence. The room went silent. Voices outside stopped talking.

Lilith rose from the floor, eyes glowing bright red from behind their hair, a third appearing above.

"You've made your choice, as have I" Lilith spoke, smiling as tears flooded down their cheeks. "I will make sure your death is as horrendous and painful as you. May you remember your mistake, you will crush upon pressure".

Seeing where this was headed, I yelled to the guards outside as I had previously been instructed, "SA'OTEN, NOW!!"

All of the surrounding guards sprinted inside of the king's quarters, spears in hand. The king was being overthrown.

"I AM KING!" Ganondorf shouted as the guards stood their ground. The head of the guard laughed, walking up to the intimidating man ahead.

"We, the Gerudo people, banish you from our town. You are a disgrace to our kind and to the Gerudo region!" The head of the guards spoke strongly as a dozen sharp spears pointed towards Ganondorf.

. . .

Eventually the ex king left town in an angry fit. Lilith was declared the temporary leader, but they appointed a stong Gerudo vai to step up when she was ready. The braided-haired vai immediately stepped up.

"The child is going to stay here in Gerudo town, a lovely couple in town has offered to care for her" Lilith told me as we walked through the town in the cold desert night.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I am to leave town when the baby is born. I cannot allow her to find what her bloodline has given her. If anyone finds out who she really is, she will be pushed to the point, to that of her father. It has to be you, Aether. You must help Link" Lilith explained.

"Link..." I mumbled, realizing what had to be done, "I will find you".

"Time is of the essence, and so you must get help," Lilith started, "which is why we must find her".

"Her?"

"Zelda".