Chapter 61 - The Fate

Zacznij od początku

        They should've taken his obsession seriously. Then maybe Chey wouldn't have died...

"What the- HEY!" An Elitist shouted that made Indi glance up.

        But a figure was already rushing toward them at such speed that no one could keep up. It flew past them and took the Elitists holding (Y/N) with it.

        They all grunted in pain as something sharp was pierced through their chests and they flew back toward Indi. She had to use her own quick movement to dodge their bodies.

        The Elitists all tumbled to the ground, bleeding from their chests and struggling to stand. (Y/N) had fell as well when she was suddenly released and she looked back to see a familiar figure with its spider legs out and in a defensive stance.

"Come on!" A hand grabbed her arm and pulled her up. They tugged her to start running and when she turned to see who it was, a wave of surprise and relief flooded her. "B?!"

"No time to talk! We have to run!" B called as the two started running.

          (Y/N) glanced back to who she knew was Dog who looked erratic and ready to kill anything that moved. As some of the Elitists got back up and Indi glared at the running girls, Dog let out a shaky screech and rushed forward.

         (Y/N) ran with B as they turned down a different hall and dipped inside of an old bathroom. They both forced the door shut and locked it before (Y/N) fell to her knees to catch her breath. B also took a second to recuperate but didn't linger too long.

"I was trying to find you..!" (Y/N) gasped out and looked up at her friend. "W-Where were you?"

"We were... trying to find you too." B huffed and moved to stand straight. "Dog saw you running by chance. We were starting to think that crazy guy got away with you."

         When did Dog get here? She wasn't expecting to see him and could still hear him fighting with the Elitists whom they had just run from. He sounded like a monster. Screeching and slashing his legs at the enemies. She's never heard him act like this before.

"W-What's wrong with him..?" She asked as they both listened to the fight.

"Dog has this... beast inside of him. If he fully lets it out-" B spoke as a loud crash and more of Dog's violent growls came. "That happens..."

       (Y/N) flinched at the crashing sound. Dog was always so meek and quiet that this was a stark contrast to his personality.

"As long as we stay out of his sight, he won't attack us. We need to wait until he calms down a bit." B muttered.

        (Y/N) slowly nodded and sat fully on the floor. Her hand moved to rub the bruise on her face and hissed at the sting it left. If Dog and B didn't intervene, she didn't what would've happened. "Thank you..."

"Thank me when we're free." B spoke as started pacing around the bathroom. "The Zones should be here soon and once they are, we need to get out of here as fast as possible."

"We need to find Yama!" The demon girl remembered and gripped her claws into her jeans. "I won't leave without him!"

         B hasn't forgotten about the doctor. They've been keeping an eye out for him too but haven't found him yet. They were lucky to even stumble across her when they did. "We haven't seen him. This place is so full of crazies that we've had to avoid literally everywhere!"

"I knew he shouldn't have left..." (Y/N)'s voice shook and she gripped her claws into her jeans tighter. Fear filled her heart at the thought of Yama getting hurt or captured. "I can't lose him. I can't..."