24. 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃

— I   COVERED  MY MOUTH AS I   SHRIEKED

Johnny looked at me in shock, then looked back down at his hands which were now stained with blood. The liquid dropped off the end of the blade and onto the grass, staining it red and allowing the mineral filled substance to leak into the soil. "W-what did you do.." I whispered, my lip quivering and my eyes filling with both fear and tears.

"I-I.." He stuttered, his hands shaking which caused him to lose grip of the blade and let it fall onto the grass. "I... he was gonna-" He cut himself off as he kneeled onto the grass and picked up the knife from out of the grass, pressing the blade against the dirt and wiping off the residue and any blood left behind. "I had to. I had to Ash.." Johnny told me before he walked up to me. In a way, I wanted to step back from him and run away, run as far as the eye could see.. but I didn't— I couldn't, so I instead stuck in place. I couldn't run from him, not Johnny, not the love of my life. He protected me, because we both knew that eventually things would get even uglier. If I hadn't told him that i'd get with him, he would have continued to beat Johnny to death. I couldn't let him die.

"I understand.." I told him as tears fell from my eyes. Johnnys blood stained hands cupped my face, the bright red liquid smearing onto my skin. I then kissed his lips passionately for reassurance, to which he kissed back. "Thank you for protecting me." I whispered against his neck as I tucked my face into him, embracing his body fully. "But you know that we can't runaway from this. I'll say that I did it-"