✧⁠*⁠。Chapter 16✧⁠*⁠。

Start from the beginning

The boy on the ground gritted his teeth as he got up and launched another punch to his face. Fortunately, students from the crowd quickly grabbed and restrained him. He tried to get out of their hands as he screamed at the top of his lungs. He let out all his frustration and anger towards the guy.

"YOU KILLED HER!
I WILL NEVER FORGIVE A BASTARD LIKE YOU! I'LL PUNCH YOU TO DEATH UNTIL YOUR FACE DISLOCATES! "

He continued to yell at him while students struggled to take him away from the scene. After watching what happened, (Y/n)'s eyes widen, hoping nothing bad happens to him because she can hear his cries all the way up to the second floor building. The unexpected appearance of a dark aura over him was the only thing she hoped it wouldn't show up during her desperate time.

Without hesitation, Leo went to the window, jumped to the second floor, and swiftly landed on his feet. A gasp left her (Y/n) mouth, which she was not ready for, expecting to see him take such an unplanned action. She had a thought that Leo might do something crazy just to stop the cursed spirit from forming.

"Wha-What's that?"

A worried-looking student raised her fingers over the man who was causing a commotion. Dark purple clouds engulfed him, and sharp teeth began to appear. When her friend glanced in the direction she was pointing, all she saw was the boy continuing his rampage.

"Girl, you ok? Might as well have glasses soon before your eyes worsen."

Her friend replied without hesitation; she assumed her friend was making fun of her again. Then, all of a sudden, a boy with brown hair and piercing yellow eyes rushed over the gathered students and delivered a kick on the boy who had been shouting earlier. He eventually passed out, which shocked the students around him, especially (Y/N), who was observing from a distance. She followed Leo's lead and jumped off the second-floor building as well.

"T-Thanks, dude, he was quiet troublesome and making noise."

"Shut up."

Leo retorted to the guy who was trying to defend himself earlier. He was just trying to stop the curse from forming before it could cause trouble for the school. He knew something like this could happen, and it worries him. A thought wonders in his head, thinking students might end up dead if it fully forms.

On the other hand, students around him started to mumble and record him; it annoys the boy, but there was no other way to make the guy stop exerting too much emotion.

"Leo-san. This isn't good."

(Y/N) muttered under her breath as she stood back and watched. She had a feeling something was wrong earlier; even after Leo punched the boy down, she felt a strange presence all over the place. When all of a sudden, quiet descended on the entire area. Birds, vehicles, and even the students' voices fell silent. She noticed that the atmosphere in the sky was changing, as if a barrier had been created around the entire campus. Her chest tightens as she clenches her hands, convinced that this is a cursed technique.

"Curtain?... impossible; did it completely form? But only first-grade and special-grade curses can perform curse Techniques."

(Y/N) thought as streams of sweat engulfed her pale skin. Her eyes widened when every student she saw began to act strange; their eyes began to turn white while their jaws were wide open. When she turned to gaze at Leo, her heart fell as she noticed the brown-haired kid was also influenced by the cursed technique. She rushed to his side, her (e/c)'s examining every inch of his face.

"L-Leo..."

She tried to shake his body to wake him up from the cursed technique, but to no avail. She clicked her tongue, thinking how foolish she was. Anxiety got to her; it was making her mind unstable.

Then, all of a sudden, their feet left the ground, and every student who was inside the school floated above the sky. She held Leo's wrist, trying to pull him down from the ground.

"What kind of curse technique is this? Only I can walk on the ground."

She wonders, holding onto the boy. She was aware of what was happening around her and what might happen to them at this school-teachers and even students-if she still hesitated. She lost her composure just because of her lost pendant; she let her guard down just because of how kind she is. She bit her lip, annoyed. She closed her eyes, wishing the problem would go away, when all of a sudden white-haired male appeared in her mind.

~

"Hey, Hey (Y/n)-chan." The white-haired boy called out, gaining her attention.

"Yes, Young Master?"

"Don't you get angry; you seem to smile every time, even if I make a mistake."

He said as he sat in the chair while watching the little helper clean the broken vase on the floor. The little girl looked at him, then replied with the sweetest smile he ever saw.

"Why would I? Some people make mistakes, and it's fine."

~

Her memory of her young master appeared in her thoughts; just thinking about his small stature when he was a kid made her smile with a sigh. She rather felt... comforted, her eyes gazed up to see Leo's floating body, then she gave a soft smile.

"Don't worry, I'll stop it this time."

She mumbles as she releases her hand from Leo's wrist, leaving him to float among the rest of the students. She sighs once more, releasing the tension from her body. She feels the cursed spirits presence roaming around her. Then, all of a sudden, it showed itself in front of her. With wide eyes, a sinister smile, and a deadly aura, the cursed spirit was rather ready to launch a curse technique.

She let out a grinning smile as her eyes narrowed with intimidation.

"Let's get this over with, shall we?"