✧⁠*⁠。Chapter 16✧⁠*⁠。

•Sudden Attack•

"You attract cursed spirits?"

Leo said hesitantly, repeating what (Y/N) had told him. At first he was confused, but he tried to shake his thoughts to comprehend what she said.

"But how?" He added.

At first he hadn't believed her because how could she attract cursed spirits when they haven't attacked since then? She'd been reluctant to explain it to Leo. But it's been so difficult for her to remain in her true form since then, and that's why she wears a sealed pendant.

Generally, servants in the Gojo family wear pendants to indicate that they are owned by someone or that they serve a certain master. (Y/N)'s pendant, on the other hand, has similar worth but serves in a different way.

"The pendant was my only way to hide myself from the cursed spirits. Yes, I am a servant in the Gojo household, but I was rather cursed back in the days when Master Gojo still wasn't my... master". She sadly explained to him.

He avoided her gaze as her eyes showed her trauma. Remembering her past, where Aimi passed away, people there treated her badly as she was abused and almost sentenced to death.

"I tried not to give in to my emotions that time. Maybe I was just too weak to handle such pain."

❀Past❀

A scream could be heard from across the room. Her dead (e/c) eyes turned to see a servant shaking in fear while the servant's hands covered her mouth as she was disgusted to witness such bloodshed in front of her.

(Y/n)'s gaze traveled to see what the servant was looking at, and she saw herself in the mirror in front of her, covered in blood and holding her cracked pendant. She looked down to see where the blood was coming from. It came from her lady, Lady Aimi.

Aimi was dead-cold on the bloody floor. Red flashed across the room, but (Y/n) remained silent; she knew what was coming. She saw it in her vision, but she couldn't stop it from happening. As her vision went deeper and darker, everything in her head remained blank.

"I failed. I failed to save Lady Aimi. I thought everything I saw in my vision was just a dream. That man killed her. He killed her. It's not me."

She mumbled as tears silently crept down her cheeks.

✤Present

"But shouldn't we get attacked by now?" Leo exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Auntie put a seal on me." She reassured him and showed Leo the small black mark at the back of her neck, written in Kanji. Leo sighs in relief.

"But I think it will disappear later." she added, as Leo's relief changed in an instant.

"Then we should head out before the mark disappears." he stated, grabbing her wrist and walking out of the room with haste.

While they were exiting the room, (Y/n)'s gaze was drawn to the window, where she noticed kids crowding around with their phones recording. She abruptly came to a halt, and Leo wondered why she kept staring out the window.

She could see two boys throwing fists at each other. However, the other boy was strong enough to land with full force, leading the other to tumble to the ground with a thud.

"If you didn't push her, she could've been here!"

The boy on the ground shouted with anger; his eyes showed rage and sorrow, desperate to avenge his girlfriend.

"Tsk, what are you talking about?! I know nothin' about her!"

He yelled back, defending himself while his eyes were examining other students who were gathering around them. Sweat drops trailed down his forehead and his breath hitched.