Chapter 2

hello lovelies, so sorry for the wait. getting back to freguent updates is harder than I thought. but I hope after this it'll go more smoothly. hope everyone's summer is going good or those still in school-you can do it!

comment

vote

fan

-DANA

__________________

NOT EDITED

__________________

"Are you going to eat that?" Danny asks as he eyes me eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream. We are watching a scary movie as Dad is asleep upstairs.

I tuck my legs under me a little more as I adjust my position on the couch. I'm literally mid bite when he asks me. "Do you not see me eating it?" I ask with ice cream in my mouth.

He shrugs. "You can change your mind and decide not to finish it."

"I'm going to finish it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I say as I take another scoop. "Just go get your own bowl."

Danny groans and leans back to look at the kitchen. "But it's so far away."

"It's like ten steps away."

"Exactly."

I roll my eyes and return my attention to the movie. I never really paid much attention to clowns, but thanks to all these scary movies I now have a problem with them-mostly if they're toys or dolls it seems. Almost every scary movie now seems to have a doll or toy that ends up being haunted. I can never look at my stuffed animals the same.

Danny comes back to the couch with a bowl filled with ice cream. He sits Indian-Style at the other end of the couch as he shovels scoops into his mouth. "Are you excited for this weekend?"

This weekend I'm leaving for Belmont. I called the B&B, The Belmont Shore, a few weeks ago to book my stay. Dad's allowing to stay as long as I need which was difficult when booking. Dad thinks I should stay at least a month and says I can always book more days if I need to. The Belmont Shore doesn't get that much service because there's a nice hotel a little out of town tourists seem to stay at. Still, because it is a small town not many people come in the summer. Mostly people who have summer homes and they come down for the nice weather. I'm intrigued about Belmont and what it has to offer. It seems like a pretty chill place.

"I guess. I'll miss you guys though," I say, smiling at Danny.