.Lines.

So it goes
You two are dancing in a snow globe, round and round
And he keeps the picture of you in his office downtown
You understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words

It was a Saturday when they first met, at the annual Christmas fair.

The first boy, his name was A. A found peace in all things night and all things simple. He loved to read books. He loved to draw. He loved to stroll through the night, the cold wind breezing through his hair.

But most importantly, he loved to look up at the stars, and wish that one day, he too, would find someone to share these wondrous moments with, as the rest of the world did.

Who knows? Maybe tonight would be the night.

Wrapping his scarf around his neck and holding his warm cup of hot chocolate, A sat on a bench and admired the beauty of the scenery.

The perfectly full moon shone bright overhead, it's glow casting on the still waters of the pond. Crickets chirped, daring to drown out the sounds of laughter emitting from the fair grounds. Fireflies dotted the sky.

"Do you mind if I sit?", a foreign voice asked. A turned to the source, only to see a boy about his age smiling at him.

Even in the pale moonlight, A could make out the boy's jet black hair and cool silver eyes. His skin was a little more on the tan side, unlike A's peach skin.

"Not at all." A moved over to make room.

The boy stook out his hand. "The name's Z, by the way."

A shook Z's hand. "Nice to meet you, Z."

A took a sip of his chocolate and watched as ripples formed in the lake's water.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?" Z asked.

"Very beautiful, actually."

"I can name one thing that looks better than the scenery tonight."

"Oh really? That's pretty tough to beat. What is it?"

"You."

A blushed. "That's really sweet."

"Is this your first time here, A? I come here every year and I've never seen you around."

"It is, actually."

"Oh really?" Z moved a little bit closer to A. "Who'd you come with?"

"No one, it's just me."

Z was taken aback. "Why would a handsome guy like you be out here all by himself?"

"Wait, you really think I'm handsome?"

"Think? Oh I know."

A didn't know what to say. He'd never heard anyone say that to him.

Z got up and held out his hand. "Come on, you must see the whole carnival with me."

A wasn't so sure about this. He knew nothing about Z, he could be a serial killer for all he knew.

What he did know was that Z flattered him, something he never thought anyone would do.

Besides, he came here, hoping he'd meet someone he could share life's small precious moments with.

Why couldn't that someone be Z?

A gladly accepted his hand.

The rest of the night was a whirlwind of events that A could barely keep track of.