Chapter 9

Third Person's POV
The next morning, the daily prophet newspaper arrived along with a package for Harriet. The daily prophet clearly expressed the unfairness that Harriet suffered for being the youngest to be in tout and scolded the unknown person, who had put her name into the goblet of fire as a joke and Harriet shared smirks with the twins as the plan worked out wonderfully. The hufflepuffs apologized to Harriet for doubting her and accusing her of putting her name into the goblet when she had always been so nice to them, Harriet generously forgave them and even talked with Susan for a while about how Harriet had gotten to know her aunt and shared quite a few letters with Amelia every once in a while. Harriet also got a letter from her parents with the two-way mirror in the package sent to her by them, so that she could easily communicate with them, Sirius had finally fixed it and it was working perfectly now. Harriet talked to them through it and they reviewed the plans that they had. Afterwards, Harriet went to her classes.

Harriet was in her potions class when Colin arrived and asked her to follow him to where the other champions were for the wand weighing ceremony. Harriet walked through the doors and waved at the other three, who waved back to her as well, they had gotten closer as they all talked to each other and spend time sitting beside the black lake or in the library's restricted section, preparing for the mysterious first task. "Hey guys!" Harriet exclaimed with a bright smile and Fleur hugged her quickly in greeting with the same bright smile. "Hello, darling!" Fleur exclaimed and Harriet giggled at her. "Hello, Fleur and you two boys." Harriet said after she and Fleur pulled back from the hug and Harriet looked over the two smiling males. However, before they could launch into more conversation, a female appeared out of nowhere. Harriet remembered who she was at first glance, Rita Skeeter. "What a charismatic quartet! Hello!" She exclaimed and walked up to the four of them and shook each of their hands. "I'm Rita Skeeter." Rita said and went on to speak more, which Harriet ignored completely before she came out of her musings when Rita grabbed her arm and started dragging Harriet away. Harriet looked back to see Fleur and Viktor's worried faces and she also saw Cedric about to run after her but Harriet just smiled at them and just shook her head in no to let them know that she was fine and that she'll handle the woman herself.

"This is cosy." Rita said after she sat down in the broom cupboard and Harriet sat down in front of her. "It's a broom cupboard." Harriet deadpanned. "You should be feeling right at home then." Rita said and Harriet raised an eyebrow at her, "Should I be?" Harriet asked her challengingly and Rita saw the clear danger that she would be in, if she chose the wrong words in her response to Harriet's question. "Anyway, Don't mind if I use the quill, do you?" Harriet narrowed her eyes. "Yes, I do mind actually." Harriet said with a glare at the quill and before Rita could say anything, Harriet continued on speaking, "I'm sure that my parents, specifically my father, Lord Sirius Orion Black, will not be pleased if any lies were written about me on the newspaper, don't you think so?" Harriet said tilting her head and lifting the corner of her lips up into a smile that spelled the word dangerous. Rita drastically paled remembering her last encounter with the said Lord Black. "Oh, yes, yes, Of course! I will write everything myself!" Rita said putting the quill away and taking a normal quill to write. "That would be much appreciated, Miss Skeeter." Harriet said before the interview started and this time, It was on Harriet's turf. By the time that Dumbledore arrived, the interview was almost over. Harriet gave her friends reassuring smiles and they relaxed seeing no tension in her shoulders andafter that the wand weighing ceremony finally commenced and finished. However, before Olivander left the Hogwarts grounds, he was stopped by Harriet near the entrance hall, and she made a request to him, which he easily accepted before leaving.

Later, after lunch in the free period, the twins, who had taken it upon themselves to spy on the traitors, walked into the library and reported their findings to Harriet. The two traitors were having quite a few secret meetings, they had finally found out that their vaults were now empty and had demanded an explanation from the goblins, the goblins had merely pointed out that the money and those books were someone else's property and they all belonged to Harriet Potter-Black and should be in her vault, the traitors completely shut up after that. They were trying to find a way to see if Harriet knew about it or not. Harriet would just act oblivious for now. Fred and George also planned to take an inheritance test in the summer at Harriet's advice and had contacted Bill and Charlie to help them get the test done, to which the two adults had agreed and sent back a letter in affirmation. Harriet knew that the Prewett twins had written a will before they died that the next twins to be born in Prewett family would inherit the family and money, that's why Molly never liked her older brothers because they didn't leave anything to her as they knew about her greedy personality.