𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

And there it was, on the side of a mountain, a large facility, just... there. The edge of the main building itself was partly in the mountain, there was a path up to a lower part of the facility, presumably an entrance with offroad vehicles in a parking lot area. There were 3 buildings total, one large and 2 smaller.

You heard a quiet

"Holy shit"

From soap, it took a little effort not to chuckle. That was nice at least.

Just like you said, you followed ghost orders. You hated being barked around but he was your lieutenant, and this was a mission, you were just gonna have to get over that. You all approached the facility unnoticed, the fact there were so few people outside brought you some relief, but something was itching at the back of your mind telling you something was wrong. If someone like Makorov was here, wouldn't he be guarded much more thoroughly?

Ghost sent soap and Gaz to the smaller 2 buildings, he kept you right next to him, and he didn't say a goddamn thing to you. You second guessed if he even wanted you with him as the two of you crept up against the side of the larger building. You caught yourself peeking into windows, confirming your suspicions.

There was a group of people inside, each of them armed with some kind of automatic weapon.

You heard mumblings from ghost as you ducked down below the window again, catching up to him. Mumbleings that were clearly directed at you as he looked back at you, seeming for confirmation. All you did was nod, and you didn't hear a word he said As you nodded silently. Ghost turned his attention towards the door, assumingly attempting to break in. you looked back to the window for only a second when ghost said your name, regaining your focus.

He opened the door silently, even if it wasn't, it was louder in here then you'd expected. The guards were talking with one another in russian, you only knew it was russian because you tried to learn a bunch of languages in highschool with some free app with a weird bird logo, clearly none of it really stuck. The two of you found your way behind some large containers as ghost scanned the room.

"'I'm gonna take out the ones on the upper floor, if you see anyone see you, take em down. I don't think you're gonna survive this. Prove me wrong, y/n."

Ghost spoke, moving to a small staircase lining the wall. Now that you looked around, there was a lot of.. Shit in here. Random wooden crates, a few large shipping containers like the one you were against, literal cardboard boxes, and other random stuff, even what you saw from the suspended metal walkway above you where ghost had gone had shit on it. This had to be storage or something, yeah?

At that moment, you heard footsteps coming from your left, where the door is. You weren't going to die here. You moved up to the corner of the crate and as soon as you saw them, dragged them by the neck behind the container, swept under their legs, and watched as they hit the concrete floor. You hoped they were just out cold... not that you just cracked someone's skull on the concrete.. That's kinda badass though. As you thought that, gunshots rang out, seeing bullets fly to the metal walkway to your right, looking like you were saving a ghost, at least kinda...

You proceed to lean around the container, picking off anyone you could shoot. You definitely missed more than a few times but within the commotion of nearly dying, you were sure no one cared but you. Ghost came down those same stairs with what you assumed were a few minor scratches, but he didn't even seem affected. You only knew he'd been hit from the dark red spots peeking under his gear. You'd make a mental note to care for him when you got back to base.

"Not shit up there, c'mon."

He cocked his head twords a locked room, as you stared to ask how the fuck you was going to open that, he grabbed one of his small throwing knives, sticking it between the door and the frame, and opening it with its metal handle, walking in like nothing. You followed after him, a little more terrified of ghost physical strength.

Ghost eyes locked onto a black file cabinet next to a large illuminated desk, walking up to it while you looked around the room. Your first guess was that this was some sort of safe room, weird how it was so accessible from the main area though. As you walked deeper into the room you also heard ghost breaking something, and opening the cabinets, you felt and heard a crunch. You stepped back, looking to where you had stepped, seeing shards of glass, clearly crushed from some sort of object or footfall, the pieces were small. This room had no windows, so what the fuck gives? you looked from wall to wall until it finally occurred to you to look up.

A shattered skylight. Someone got out.

"Hey, L.T.?"

You spoke in a rushed way, grabbing his attention and looking to the skylight.

"Fuckin' hell- Soap- Gaz, what's your 20?"

Ghost spoke into his walkie, you heard soaps voice come in first, then gaz.

"Buildin' 2, no sign makarov."

"Building 1, negative on makarov."

Ghost sighed, frustrated, clearly.

You heard a thud outside the door, like heavy boots hitting metal. It was faint, if you were a bit farther from the door there's no way you'd have heard it. You walked up to the door, hearing slightly rushed footsteps come closer and then begin to fade. No one was left in that room. This had to be the person that escaped. Before you thought it through you held the first weapon you could grab, your handgun, and opened the door.

"Don't fucking move."

You aimed the gun at their head as they stopped, one hand up and the other holding some kind of case. He started speaking in russian, it sounded like pleading from his tone. You had no fucking idea, you didnt know if not understanding him was a blessing or a curse. He spoke for 30 seconds or so before beginning to run.

And you pulled the trigger.

You don't remember what happened after that.