Chapter 12

"There are people," Ty begins. "That you like to speak to. And then there are people that you need to be around, because they're your oxygen. They're like an inhaler when you're having an asthma attack. Since I moment you walked onto the bus, that's what you were."

I bite my lip. "An asthma attack?" I laugh.

He shakes his head. "You're the flame to my candle, the cup to my juice, the sunshine to my flower." he takes a deep breath. "I know this might sound strange, but from the moment you walked on the bus, I knew you were something else. I had never seen someone as stunning as you. People think that's a lie, but it's not. You make me so happy. I had this urge make sure you were okay. I always have. I guess you're home because for the first time ever, I found someone I can tell stuff. Sure, I had Trace and Jett, but you, you are something else. Everyone has those moments when they're with someone they love and they're close with them and they really want to say something, but the words die in their throat. They're scared of being judged. I'm like that with everyone. Everyone I know thinks they know everything about me, but they don't. You do. I don't hesitate with you. Everyone we know outside of family thinks I want you for the physical stuff, but I don't. I want you for you. I want you because I love your smile, and your laugh, and your personality is just like a million stars in the night sky, and even if I took every single star and planet in the universe and pushed them together, how bright they would become wouldn't remotely be close to how bright your personality is. Ever since I met you I've felt this connection." he sighs. "It still doesn't even explain it." he clenches his fists, frustrated. "I can't put it into words." he sighs. "For example," he says after thinking for a while. "Have you ever craved someone? Not in a sexual way, but just to hear the sound of their voice or the brightness of their smile? Or even their laugh."

"Yes." I whisper.

KATIE'S POV

Both of them forgot we're listening and watching everything. Most of the girls are teary-eyed.

The maintenance man has been ready to let the elevator move since they started dancing, but the women, Lauren, isn't allowing him to let it work because she's too involved in the love story before us.

"Well when we're apart, I crave you." Ty whispers. "That still doesn't make sense. Dammit, I sound like an idiot."

Megan puts her hands on Ty's.

"No you don't. I understand."

He looks at her, right into her eyes.

"You do?" he whispers.

"Yes." she nods slowly.

Their eyes remained locked.

Slowly, both of them start to lean in, and then Mr. Walden fakes the loudest cough in the fucking universe.

"Any idea when you're getting them out of there?" he says loudly.

MEGAN'S POV

Ty leans away from me the second he hears my Dad's voice.

Fucker. Way to ruin the moment.

<><>

the next morning, I wake up around seven to Dad's voice.

"Meg, get up." he says.

I moan loudly, roughly rolling over and covering my face with the pillows.