Chapter 10

One thing I learned about Tyler Wesley today is that when he loves someone, his love is unconditional.

He's ripping himself up about Jett.

We're in my truck at school waiting to go in. Ty is sitting with his head in his hands. We saw Jett last night and it destroyed Ty. Katie elbows me and nods at Ty.

Do something! She mouths.

I look at her, nervous.

What do I do? I mouth back.

She shrugs.

I hesitate, and then I put my hand on his back. He looks up at me, and then hides his face again.

I slowly start to rub his back.

He whispers something.

"Hmm?" I ask.

"I can't lose him." he whispers.

I sigh softly.

"You won't lose him." I whisper.

"But what if I do?"

"Well, then you'll have me and Trace to help you through." I say. "Now come on, let's go face Amanda and her minions."

he sighs and gets out of my truck. Katie follows suit. We stop by the office for your schedules, and my schedule is the exact same. Katie has the first four classes with me.

Ty has the first two and the last three with me.

We walk into school.

Amanda is talking to Megan and Amber.

People stare at us.

"What?" she says, looking at me. "What the fuck are you doing back here?"

I freeze. Ty's too upset to respond, but Katie, oh, bless her soul.

"She's going to fucking school like the rest of us, skank. Don't talk to her. Your low class self is bringing her down." Katie snarls, and then she grabs my arm and pulls me to the table that Ty is sitting at.

His head is on the table.

"Ty, please look at me."

He picks his head up and looks at me.

"Megan, I'm really scared." he whispers. "What if he doesn't wake up?"

"Then we will figure it out." I say. "Trust me, it's going to be okay." I whisper.

Amanda comes and sits down next to Ty.

"Are you upset about Jett?" she asks gently. "I can comfort you." she says.

She's being suggestive.

Ty stands up, turns around, and walks right into the guys bathroom.

"It's because you're here." she says.

"No it's not." I roll my eyes. "It's because you're here. We all know it."

"Excuse me?" she yells. "Who do you think you are telling me why my Ty left."

"Your Ty?" I snap.

"Don't you dare say he's yours!" she yells.

"I wasn't going to, bitch! I was going to say that he's ot a piece of property. He doesn't belong to you. He doesn't want you!"

"He doesn't want you, either!" she screams at me. Ty comes out of the bathroom.

"I don't care who Ty wants! All the matters is that he's happy!"