but with seorin, it came so naturally. maybe it was the way she would talk to him with genuine care and concern. or the way she initiated contact with him and held him in a way he never thought he would be.

park jisung thought he deserved none of it. he thought he didn't deserve her. but for once in his life, he wanted to be selfish and keep her all to himself.

"rin, i-" he took a deep breath as he pulled away from her embrace, hands still on her waist and hers now rested on his shoulders.

his eyes were brimmed with tears as they gazed into hers. he spoke softly, "i want to tell you but not with anyone around"

that was when seorin remembered their chinese friend who was in the room with them, fast asleep.
but jisung's concern of anyone overhearing made sense to her, knowing he had other room-mates who he probably didn't want to talk to her in the same space as them.

"okay, we can go somewhere else, ji." she gave him a small smile and leant forward to plant a small kiss on his lips

he managed a quick smile despite his current mental state at the affection and went in for another kiss, this time leaning his forehead against hers and prolonging the act.

her eyebrows furrowed when she felt the hot touch against her forehead and she pulled away, "ji i think you have a fever- are you sure you wanna talk right now instead of later?"
"I'm sure, babe. i want you to know. and don't worry, I'll be fine." he assured and and she hummed, not fully convinced but she took his word

"let's go somewhere more private" he said, standing up from his bed and holding out his hand for her to take and follow him.

-: ✧ :-゜・.

of all places, seorin wasn't expecting jisung to take her to the rooftop of the dormitory building. the place where they first saw eachother with their friends. the only difference now was that it was only the two of them and the time was past midnight

all the way there, they hadn't spoken to eachother. seorin because she wanted to give jisung time and space to sort things out in his mind and jisung who was doing exactly that; organising his thoughts and sorting them out.

they were sat on the ground on top of seorin's jacket that she took off so they were not sitting on the cold floor of the roof. both of their heads cranes up as they looked at the stars.

"my dad," jisung began, "he was.. well, is pretty controlling. he wanted me to become something 'useful' as he said it. but for noona he was never that strict." he took a pause to take a deep breath

"it seems like a small and common thing but.. it hurts whenever i think about it. i never got to be a child because he told me to.. he locked me up in my room and he told me to study all day and," his voice was beginning to get heavier with each sentence, "seorin, i was 8 years old. all locked up in my room and when he saw I wasn't studying he-"

the girl listened carefully, wrapping and arm around his shoulders to bring him close, rubbing it in hopes it would bring him comfort of any sort. heart physically hurting when she heard the first sob escape his lips

"he started to beat me up and called me names and- and he threw me across the room.. noona was there and.. she did stop him, and I'm glad he was decent enough to not hit her, but the language he used, rin. our own father, calling us names and waste of his so-called hard earned money.. it- i.. i don't know. the worst part is, it didnt even happen once."