Chapter 10-The Ascension

Start from the beginning

There was just a teensy-weensy problem though. "Ta. Me-Me-Lo-Ta?" Meloetta poked your cheek with one of its little arms. It too had been excited about the prospect of a new form when you'd first mentioned the idea, and that excitement had never dwindled.

"No, I'm still kind of stumped." You replied, fiddling with the map of Castelia on your Xtransciever, which offered you very little in the way of help. "I have reason to believe that there's a Cafe here that could help us unlock this move for you." A frown worked its way onto your face. "Though that's about all I know."

"Ta-Me." Meloetta nodded back, its seemingly blind faith in you never once wavering.

If the P2 laboratory had been in the same rough location as in the games, then you had reason to believe that the same was likely true of Relic Song. Unfortunately, the memories you had of the Unova Games were rapidly fading, and the name of the specific cafe had vanished into the ether. That was if it even had a name to begin with. Thus, you were left with the all too pleasant task of combing through every single cafe in Castelia until you found your winner.

The difficulty of such a task went without saying. Castelia was massive. "Actually, now that I think about it, wasn't this cafe...down an alleyway or something?" You peered down one of the more narrow streets, taking in the trench of darkness that sat between two large apartment buildings. "Given my luck, I'm sure it'll end up being in some sketchy place regardless."

...

Nearly two hours had passed, and still no dice. No matter where you went, you found nothing but overpriced pastries and disappointment. Meloetta was starting to look...unusually anxious, and the extra attention you were receiving in the wake of the interview was definitely not helping things.

Truth be told, you were getting exhausted fast, and you needed to be at your absolute best for tonight. You didn't know if the tournament was seeded or not, but that was ultimately pointless. Out of the hundreds of candidates, only thirty two were chosen, and that meant they were unlikely to go down without at least a bit of a fight, no matter the quality of the Pokémon they possessed.

You had actually already been shown your first round opponent, a young man by the name of Alexander Bradburn the Fourth. He was a psychic type specialist, and he actually had a gym badge under his belt already. The Bradburn family was built on old money, and Alexander possessed the kind of stereotypical attitude you'd expect in an individual from that background.

*clang* The lid of a metal trash can clattered on the ground, and the blurry form of a Rattata darted across the alleyway, until only a pair of red eyes stared at you from the darkness. You'd ducked off of the main road in search of the cafe (as well as some peace and quiet) , which had resulted in you trudging through the more grimy parts of Castleia. Though thankfully, the darkness of the narrow street soon gave way to glorious sunlight, and...

You found yourself standing in a park of sorts. It wasn't too large or fancy, but it was idyllic nonetheless. A nice departure from the over the top settings you'd recently found yourself in. A few benches were scattered around the edges, and a single aging tree acted as the centerpiece for the scene. The old timber was dwarfed by the surrounding buildings, but it was no less impressive in stature. The only other occupants were an elderly woman tossing chunks of bread to a flock of Pidove, and a pair of Wurmple nestled high up in the tree.

"Well, let's go ahead and take a break." You released Larvesta from her Pokéball, the bug type soon moving her way onto your lap to relax. While Larvesta seemed to prefer the comfort of her Pokéball much more than Meloetta did, she did still need to exercise, especially considering that she couldn't fight yet. And besides, the fire type was much more active and excitable on warmer days, and the sun was burning brightly even this early.