Ellie rolled her eyes in annoyance at the response she got from her friend, " Oh, my god. You can go back to the gym later it won't take that long. No, Peyton can't come pick me up she's not answering her phone. I'm on the river road around the curve. Well, sucks to be you" Ellie clenched her jaw hanging up the phone leaning against her car when Lucas walked over to the girl with the paperwork and curiously questioned, " Listen, you sure you've got a ride? I mean, I can wait if you want"

Ellie grabbed the clipboard from Lucas as she signed the papers and muttered under her breathe, " Yeah, that's what I want. Listen, have your dad call me with an estimate" Lucas grabbed the clipboard from Ellie sending her a look and corrected her, " you mean, my uncle" Ellie shrugged her shoulders with a small smile and commented, "If that's your story"

Lucas chuckled slightly as he walked over to his truck before spinning around to face Ellie and called out, " can I ask you a question?" Ellie folded her arms across her chest turning to face him with a shrug of her shoulders and stated, " it's a free country" Lucas eyed the girl standing across from him and curiously inquired, " why are you a cheerleader? I mean, no offence or anything, but you don't seem to be the cheerleader type"

Ellie gasped shooting him a look as she scoffed in disbelief watching as he climbed into the truck causing her to take a seat on a log waiting for Nathan to turn up only he hadn't turned up making her shake her head in annoyance as when she gets her hands on him he's dead. Lucas climbed back out of the truck a couple minutes later walking over to the blonde with his hands in his pockets, " come on, I'll give you a ride"

Ellie let out a sigh as she looked up at him seeing the grin on his face as he continued, " I'll let you insult me" Ellie smiled slightly as she grabbed her books standing up walking over to him and warned him, " First of all, you don't know me...second of all... you.. you don't know me. God, why are guys such jerks?!" Lucas laughs at her comment as he leaned against her car and asked, " guys or Nathan?"

The blonde girl let out a heavy sigh putting a strand of hair behind her ear and muttered, " Him... Liam,.. you..." Lucas stayed silent for a moment before he decided to respond, "I don't know. Nathan and I share the same father" Elizabeth nodded her head in acknowledgment as she sent him a sympathetic look and told him, " Yeah, I heard about that. He's kind of an ass. So that must suck, having to see him around"

"For my mom, I never knew him" Lucas began to say with a shake of his head but Ellie frowned with an confused look on her face and questioned, "But she told you he was your dad?" Lucas nodded his head in confirmation and continued, "Yeah after a while she did, we used to play junior leagues me and Nathan. I loved it, I was good at it, I mean have you ever had something that you knew you were better at than almost anybody else?"

Ellie had a thoughtful expression on her face before she turned to face him with a smirk on her lips, " Sex" seeing the look of surprise on Lucas face caused her to giggle shaking her head and told him, "I'm totally joking" the two laughed together as she smiled brightly looking over at the river when Lucas continued speaking, "Anyway, the guys kept teasing me about it how Nathan's dad was my dad too. So I asked my mom and she said he wasn't. But I came home and I hear her crying in her room and I knew it was true, I never went back and I told my mom it was because I never wanted to see his face, but it was mostly because.. I didn't want her to have to"

Ellie had a sympathetic look on her face as she stared at Lucas in shock as she didn't expect him to say any of that but the fact he gave up something that he loved for his mom just showed how much Karen meant to him as not many teenagers would give up something they love to do because of their parents, "So why did you tell me all that? I mean we don't know each other not really. Only in passing" Ellie questioned as she followed after Lucas who was walking back to his truck.

"Maybe that's the point," Lucas said opening the door for her as she stayed silent staring at him for a couple of moments before letting out a sigh as she climbed into the truck turning her head to face him and muttered, " you know the reason I joined the cheerleading team is because of Brooke. She's been there for me since i was five years old. She's the only one who knows about my daughter and hasn't judged me for my mistakes. It's the only thing that feels normal right now because it took me a long time to accept I'm not just a teenager but I'm also a mother and I'll do everything in my power to make sure Maya wasn't brought up the way I was. That's she's surrounded by people that loves her so she won't feel so alone like I did growing up"

❀❀❀❀

By the time, Peyton, Brooke and Ellie arrived at River court, it was already packed with multiple of teenagers who was standing and sitting around watching Lucas and Nathan play against one another in basketball as Nathan had challenged Lucas early that day due to his jealously but Lucas was doing this just to prove he is just as good as Nathan is.

The blonde beauty was sat next to Brooke as she was focused on the game as much as she cared about Nathan she does hope that Lucas does win to bring down Nathan ego that he's better than everyone in the room. Lucas made the first shot causing everyone to cheer loudly as Nathan clenched his jaw in anger looking around noticing Ellie clapping for the blonde boy.

As the game continued, both brothers continued makings shots back and forth, Nathan who now had the ball was about to make another shot but not before elbowing Lucas in the face causing Ellie to gasp with an concerned look on her face noticing the blonde boy wiping away the blood from his nose's, " Nathan! What the hell is your problem! If you can't play fair just leave" Ellie hissed narrowing her eyes at the raven haired boy.

Nathan glanced over at Elizabeth with a look of surprise on his face but seeing the glare she was sending him he immediately looked away avoiding eye contact with her as he wasn't afraid of many things but Ellie angry is the one things he is scared off, " No foul. Basket counts" Lucas spoke loudly to the crowd grabbing the basketball handing it over to Nathan, " besides, you won't score again"

"Oh, the basket counts, and it's 14-12, game point to Nathan. He could win it all right here. Nathan for the win... Holy crap" Mouth exclaimed loudly in shock when Nathan went to make the shot only for Lucas to block it as he hit the basketball against the board, " did you see that? Someday men will write stories about that block. Children will be named after it. Argentinian women will weep for it. Luke gets a basket and he's down by one"

Ellie bit her lip as she watched the two brothers nervously when Lucas scored another shot only for the two of them to be at a tie. Brooke grabbed the blonde's hand squeezing it in her own as she was also anxious about what will happen next when Lucas moved around Nathan as the raven haired boy tried to block him only when he went left, Lucas went right jumping up in the air slightly to make the shot.

The crowd jumps up and down cheering loudly for Lucas who had won as the stood up rushing towards the blonde boy to congratulate him. Ellie smiled as she remained sitting on the bench as she watched Lucas who was smiling brightly hugging his best friend when his eyes laid on Ellie causing him to let go of Haley as he walked over to the blonde girl, " so, what'd you bet?" Ellie curiously questioned grabbing Lucas hand as he helped her down from the bench.

" I win, Nathan stays on the team" Lucas informed shrugging his shoulders causing Ellie to send him an confused look tilting her head to the side and asked, " why? I mean, he's been nothing but a dick to you" Lucas stayed silent for a moment gazing into her blue eyes not noticing the looks he was receiving from Brooke, Peyton and Nathan, " because it's the last thing he wants and anyway, it's not about him"

"Ellie!" Brooke yelled out her best friend name who turned around to see the brunette standing next to Peyton and Nathan gesturing her head towards Nathan's car causing her to let out a sigh as she slowly turned around to face Lucas who had an understanding expression on his face, " I'll be seeing you"

Ellie couldn't help the smile on her face looking at him up and down before turning on her heel walking over to her best friends as Brooke immediately grabbed her arm, " what was that all about?" The brunette demanded with an exciting look on her face as she hasn't seen anyone who had caught Ellie attention like Lucas has in a long time. " I don't actually know" Ellie muttered under her breathe as she looked over at Lucas over her shoulder who was still staring at her before climbing into the back seat off the car next to Brooke.