Chapter 3

Berdly: Hey! What was that for!

Walt: You were annoying me.

As Berdly ran back to his friends to tend to his wounds, Kris being the first to sit down by his side. Walt lent Jesse a hand to pick him up, the two of them knowing what they had to do.

Ralsei: Oh my gosh Berdly, are you alright?

Berdly: I'll be fine! But for an old geezer, he can throw a punch.

Susie: Alright, I'm done. This punk thinks he can show up here, and start punching my friends? I'm the only one who gets to punch my friends!

Noelle: Susie, be careful. I think these guys are dangerous.

Susie: Dangerous or not, they're human! Speaking of which...

The attention of everyone turned to the elephant in the room, in as many senses as could be. But Kris carried no reaction, which perhaps was telling as things could get.

Noelle: Of all the places to meet more..

Ralsei: Meet more? What are you guys talking about?

Berdly: Well, Ralsei, though you might not be aware, even among lighteners there are distinctions, namely, humans and monsters. Kris here is the only human in our town.

Ralsei: I see, so, this is the first time they've met others like them?

Susie: Yup.

Ralsei: Well uhm, that's great Kris! But uh, a shame it's in these circumstances.

While the gang discussed this, Walt and Jesse approached, a far cry from the panicked and delirious state they were in before, the pair was calm, cool, collected, and intimidating.

Walt: Who are you?

Ralsei: Oh, hello! Haha, we were just talking about you. My name is Ralsei, I'm the prince of darkne-

Walt: Skip the titles. I just want names.

Ralsei: Okay, uhm, these are my friends! Susie, Noelle, Berdly, and Kris! What're your names?

Walt: Heisenberg.

Noelle: Didn't your friend call you Mr. White?

Walt: What he calls me is of no concern to you. To you all, I am Heisenberg. And he is not my "friend", he's my partner, my associate, Jesse.

Ralsei: Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Heisenberg and Jesse!

Jesse: Yeah, nice to meet you too, kid.

Walt pulls Jesse aside, while the group of friends share confused glances and gestures with one another.

Walt: We agreed I would take the lead.

Jesse: Hey, I know things don't make sense, but I don't think it was them man. I mean look at them, they're clearly kids.

Walt looks over at the group, pondering for a few moments.

Walt: Yeah, you're right. Whatever they are, they're not mature enough to be capable of this, but they might know who is.

Jesse: And I think they'll just tell us, if we ask.

Walt: I don't like to rely on goodwill.

Jesse: Fine. You play bad cop, I play good cop.

The pair turn back towards the furry, the feathered, the scaled and the skinned, with their new roles in mind.

Jesse: Hey, do you kids know how we got here?

Noelle: Well, you must've "fallen down", like most of us did.