Butterfly Culture

Republic City Police Station, Wednesday,  August 25th, 4:32 pm

"I did it!"
    A tall fire bender exclaimed as he burst into Lin Beifong's office. Lin stood up in a panic and rushed around her desk over to him, her shadow looming over him as the late afternoon summer light poured in.. Lin frantically puts her hands on Mako's shoulders
"What did you do? Did anyone hurt you? If so I just need a street and a-"
Mako cut her off and chuckled. 
"Beifong, relax it's not that serious"
"And here I thought we were on a first-name-basis." Crossing her arms, Lin replied sarcastically.
Mako responded "Okay, Lin, what I wanted to tell you is that I managed to find someone who would date me." He smiled faintly while scratching the back of his with his eyes on the floor.
Lin's facial expression didn't change. As she sat back down.
"Is that it? I thought you were about to tell that Zaheer rose from the ashes and is out to get Korra again."
Mako seems confused.
"Do you care that it's a guy?"
"Not at all. As long as it's not King Wu because that interferes with foreign relations."
Mako grimaces
"Yea...about that,"
"WHAT?!" Lin hurls out of her mouth.
"Okay, okay. But just listen to this letter he wrote me."
"Ugh. Let's hear it." Lin said while folding her arms.

Mako reads aloud:
"'My dearest Mako,
      Being alone in the earth kingdom is such a chore. To go everyday without seeing your golden brown eyes is truly painful. I don't know what time you'll be receiving this letter but I will tell you I'll be back in Republic City on the 26th of November. This will to attend to some business matters, and maybe some romantic matters as well my dear.

I hope you're doing alright,
   King Wu'" 

Lin's is visibly annoyed, not for the reason you may think. Lin doesn't like Wu, of course that's not a secret but just a fact. She always thought he was irritating and spoiled with no regard for anybody else's time. What further proved that he had no regard for anyone's time, is the date he chose to come to Republic City. He knew that not only there would be a huge parade for him coming into town, but that it was also the day Kya was coming to town. Permanently.

Lin's mild anger set in as she replied to Mako.
"Please repeat what day hes coming back to Republic City."
"Uh...November 26th,"
A sigh interlaced with pique left Lin's lungs.
Mako, taking notice, says:
"Hey what's been up with you?"
"Nothing you need to be concerned about. Now get out of my office."
"But-"
Lin snaps at Mako
"I said get out of my office!"