ScarxBdubs

Being the Mayor is so challenging when you have someone resisting your every move.

Scar is currently asleep at his office desk at 2 am. because he was working all day.
The head assistant, Bdubs, peaks his head into the office. He came back to the office building when he still saw Scar's office light on.
"Scar..?" Bdubs whispers.
No response from Scar.
Bdubs walks over to Scar and gently rubs his head and sighs.
"Oh dear. What am I going to do with you?" Bdubs smiles gently and quietly goes to a cabinet to grab a blanket. He goes back over to Scar and puts the blanket on Scar. Bdubs smiles at him before shutting the lights off and leaving for the night.

***

The next morning, Bdubs walks into the office with two cupholders of coffee.
"Morning Bdubs!" False says with a smile.
"Morning False" Bdubs smiles and gives a coffee to False. "Here, your favorite coffee." He smiles warmly at her, and False beams back. They both hear a door open and look towards the sound.
They see Scar walk out of his office.
"Morning Boss," Bdubs smiles. Scar just nods in acknowledgment, takes his coffee, and starts walking away. Scar stops in front of the office door. He turns around and looks at Bdubs and False.
"False, deliver the rest of the coffee to the HEP members. Bdubs follow me." Scar says.
Bdubs grabs his cup of coffee and follows Scar.

"Where are we off to today, Boss?" Bdubs asks cheerfully as he sips his coffee. He smiles up at Scar and waits for an answer.
"We are going to talk with Grian about his troubling resistance." Scar states tiredly.
"You seem to be taking this very seriously." Bdubs mentions. "Have you been sleeping well?"
"I'm fine, Bdubs." Scar says.
Bdubs looks worried. "You've been getting fewer hours of sleep these days." Bdubs adds. "It can't have been good." Bdubs continues looking concerned and rambles about Scar not sleeping well.
"Bdubs, stop it!!" Scar snaps loudly and throws his coffee cup on the ground angrily.
Bdubs flinches, and Scar's eyes widen. He instantly regrets snapping. He reaches out but retracts his hand. "I apologize for losing my temper, Bdubs... I didn't mean to snap." Scar sighs. "Just drop it, and please don't worry about me anymore, alright?" Scar pleads. "I'll be fine."
Bdubs doesn't respond. He just nods and looks away from Scar.
The rest of the walk to Grian's home was silent.

When they get to Grian's house, Scar knocks on the door.
Grian opens the door.
"Ah! Mayor Scar" Grian grins mischievously. "Nice to see you again." Grian greets sarcastically.
"Good morning, Grian," Scar responds in a serious tone.
Grian grins. "Come on in." Grian steps to the side. Scar enters, followed by Bdubs.
"What brings you here today, Scar?" Grian asks casually.
"You know why." Scar responds and sits on a chair.
Bdubs stands behind the chair, he makes eye contact with Grian, and then glances away.
Grian's expression changes slightly when he sees the sadness on Bdubs' face.
"Are you alright? You don't look like yourself, Bdubs..." Grian says carefully. "Is something wrong?"
Bdubs looks at Grian, shocked. "Oh, everything is fine. I don't know what you mean -" Bdubs says awkwardly. "Don't change the subject."
Grian's gaze softens as he sits. "Sorry for assuming." Grian says.
"So. Grian. As you know, your little resistance has been spreading more mycelium around. This needs to stop." Scar states.
Grian rolls his eyes for two reasons, one because he really doesn't see the problem with mycelium and two, the way he didn't even ask if Bdubs was ok.
"My resistance is pretty peaceful compared to the others that we see in town." Grian replies with a small shrug. "You are worried about nothing, Scar." Grian crosses his arms.
"Spreading the mycelium after I cleaned it all up is not peaceful, Grian!" Scar raises his voice slightly. Scar pauses and tries again quieter. "It causes more problems than it solves. I can't tolerate this anymore! You need to stop, or I will send you to a prison cell!" Scar finishes harshly.
Grian is frozen. He isn't sure how to react.
Scar sighs. After a few moments, Scar speaks. "Bdubs. We need to go now, " Scar mutters. "Good day, Grian." Scar states and leaves the room.
Bdubs stays behind silently and stares at the wall. Bdubs lets out a deep breath and follows Scar.