23. talk fast, romance

Začať od začiatku

A short hum comes from his throat, thinking over my words I guess. "It doesn't make you a hypocrite because you're not willingly doing it. Why don't you just ask George to make it official?" Max sounds genuinely interested in helping me through this, which I'm thankful for.

"I feel like it's too soon. I mean, we only actually started 'seeing each other' last week." I put the words "seeing each other" into air quotes.

The boy shakes his head, disagreeing with my concerns. "You guys have been giving each other googly eyes any time you're within a 5 mile radius okay? I think you'll be fine. Just talk to him about it, you can never go wrong with communication." Max smiles at the road, but it's a smile directed towards me.

I throw my head back on the headrest, looking at the dark fabric of the ceiling. His advice makes sense. Everyone does always say that communication is key.

My head lifts after a moment to look at the road ahead, then at the Red Bull driver on my right. "Thank you." I comment quietly, squeezing his shoulder after the words are said.

-☆-

"Hey." I enter George's driver room after qualifying. I finished with a p3 while he finished with a p6.

His head shoots from the screen of his phone to meet my eyes. A look of recognization crosses his features as he stands up with a smile that stretches across his cheeks.

He comes up to me, wrapping his arms around my neck as my head goes to rest on his shoulder. My arms coming up to wrap around the middle of his torso.

"You did great today Ellie." The Brit whispers into my ear. The combination of the nickname and the compliment sends a sense of warmth through me.

my grip tightens slightly as a "Thank you" is whispered into his shoulder.

We stay like that for a moment longer, enjoying the close proximity and intimacy of the moment.

I rub my palms against the fabric of my shorts and train my eyes to focus on the ground beneath my feet.

"You alright?" The concerned brunette asks me gently. His hands come up to make contact with my arms. They run up and down the length of the bare skin.

I shake my head. "I came here to talk to you about something." I mutter the words out. My gaze doesn't budge from the floor, but he grabs my hand in his and leads me to the couch, sitting down and motioning for me to do the same.

"Whenever you're ready." George's voice is gentle as he lets me know he's listening. His hand is still in mine and his thumb runs over my knuckles.

I finally look up at him "What are we?" The words come out slowly, creeping through my lips.

I nervously await his answer. "We're," he takes a pause, thinking over the answer as his eyes wander to different parts of the room. "I don't know." He whispers out knowing this won't be the answer I like.

A heavy sighs leaves me as I turn my eyes from his sorry face to our hands entangled. I'm not sure what to say.

"But you can be my girlfriend." My head snaps back up to his face because of his words. A cheeky smirk is played upon his lips.

I attempt to hide my smile by bitting my lip, which obviously doesn't work. "Real smooth." I say half sarcastically. "I guess I could be your girlfriend." I joke with him. He rolls his eyes and scoffs out a laugh.

After a moment of us staring at each other in the silence, his hand finds it's way to my chin and he angles it upwards. His thumb traces over the outline of my bottom lip.

His eyes study my lips. Not flickering away for even a moment.

Having enough of his gazing, I make the first move and interlock our lips. My hand moves to his hair and entangles itself in the strands.

One of his hands presses on the small of by back, urging our bodies closer to the point I'm almost entirely on his lap.

His other hand that was resting on my chin goes to tangle itself in my hair, pressing the back of my head to deepen the kiss.

The hand that was on the small of my back trails down to my bare thigh. He grabs at the skin and moves the leg to wrap around his waist.

I'm now fully sat on his lap, our bodies flush with each other's.

A quick two tap knock is heard from the door before it's swung open. Upon hearing the knock, I jump from George's lap to lean against the desk across from the couch. I try and play it cool as Lewis stands at the opening.

"Hey mate Toto says-" he pauses his words when he sees me. He stares at me for a moment, me staring right back at him, before he doubles over in laughter. "You need a hairbrush, mate?" He asks me in reference to my messed up hair, which I didn't know about until now.

"Toto says he needs to see you." He points to his teammate before going to close the door. "Sorry for being a cockblocker." His head pokes back in the door to whisper the apology.

After he leaves, George and I stare at each other in the silence.

The silence doesn't last long, as the two of us begin to laugh hysterically at the interaction we just had.

(1595 words)
☆———————————————————☆
A/N - I like how I said I might not update as often and since then have updated a chapter every day💀

Anyways 2k reads is crazy to me. Thank you to everyone who's reading this🫶