Chapter 2

Eddie's Perspective

She was throwing me off my game. The boys did not seem to notice, but I am off the ball tonight. My ability to make it through this fucking campaign is pathetic, but I couldn't help myself. I mean that breathy whisper in that goddam low seductive voice in my ear was damn sinful!

It was so hard to play it cool in the moment. The only thing that was able to bring me down from that massive turn on was remembering the kind of person she really is. She is a phony, a sellout, pathetic.

Objectively speaking, Y/n Henderson is sexy as hell. Her long legs can drive any man insane, that tight bod... Jesus H. Christ! Don't even get me started on those eyes. Fucking bright eyes that could pierce through a man's soul and for a while that worked on me, but not anymore.

Confession time. I always found Y/n hot. I noticed her long before her little twerp brother joined Hellfire. How could I not notice her? I remember seeing her my Sophomore year, tight ripped black jeans and a Def Leppard shirt that she cut into a crop top. I mean my fuck, this girl was my type to a fault.

I never really had the guts to talk to her and she was impossible to figure out. She had a few friends, no one she kept close enough to know her and she seemed to like operating under the radar.

My first day of my first Senior year I told myself I was going to muster up the courage to try to talk to her and ask her to prom, I know... me going to prom, but I liked her. Before I got the courage to talk to her I found out I was going to have to repeat Senior year again. Didn't bother me, gave me more time to think of what to say... as if three years wasn't enough time.

My second first day of Senior year I was determined. I knew I was going to see her more, and god willing have some classes with her. I spent time that morning in the parking lot pacing, waiting for her to arrive and what I saw rocked my world in the worst way!

She gets out of fucking Billy Hargrove's car! She looks different. She looks girlier and wearing all these bright colors and his fucking arm is around her waist! What the fuck happened? She never seemed like the type to date Billy fucking Hargrove.

That was the first wrong thing I assumed about her. After her brother and his friends joined Hellfire, I started getting closer to some of his other friends like Max Mayfield, Billy's sister and my neighbor, Robin Buckley, and Nancy Wheeler. Never talked to Steve Harrington even though I know how obsessed Dustin is with him. I got the weird feeling that Steve didn't like me, so I just stayed away.

Anyway, I got closer to this odd group of friends. I mean they truly were an odd mash up. I would have never placed them all together in a group, but they have this weird bond. I couldn't tell you what it is, they just are bonded.

Turns out this was also Y/n's friend group before she went all airhead cheerleader. They told me about Y/n's sudden transformation to the dark side and that is when I truly learned who she was. She wasn't a friend, she wasn't a person who cared about others. She's selfish, narcissistic, a flake, and just downright awful.

As I grew closer to that odd friend group, I saw how Y/n treated them, HORRIBLY. She never looked in their direction. She acted like they were ghosts. How could she just forget about them like that?

That is when my crush faded to hate. I can't stand her.

And before you judge me, I can still get turned on by someone I hate. She's hot alright, but I would never act on it. She is just kind of nice to look at.