Chapter 1

Y/N's Perspective

There is something exhilarating pulling up to school with the King of Hawkins High sitting as the passenger in my car. However, that is the only exciting thing about dating Billy Hargrove. What used to be a fun and loving relationship has gone sour and now I flinch at every command he barks at me.

He has been extra tense leading up to this school week because he has a big basketball game this Friday and I know he is stressing out about it. Of course that means I get the brunt of it. That means more yelling and more physical abuse.

Billy steps out of the car and whips his head over in my direction. "Chrissy will tell me if you didn't go to cheer practice! Don't fucking skip again!"

I rolled my eyes so damn hard, they might have just fallen out of my head in that moment. Of course he is going to have Chrissy spying on me. I have a history of bailing on cheer practice because honestly, I fucking hate it. I mean a cheerleader? Come on. I used to spend my time after school playing DND with Dusty and his friends or learning the greatest guitar riffs on my Fender, so cheer is not really my thing.

"Seriously Billy! You are having people watch me now?! You know I am not the cheerleader type. I don't like it" I whine.

Billy steps closer to me, and I feel my body involuntarily flinch. It is just a natural instinct I have gotten used to at this point. It is always 50/50 with him, you never really know what you are going to get with him.

Even though he wasn't hurting me, my body still tenses up when he grabs my ass. It was not out of fear, but more out of disgust. I was never a fan of this type of PDA, but this brazen action is just how Billy shows affection.

"But you are such a sexy cheerleader" he smirks. "I love ripping that uniform off of you. Besides I only date cheerleaders, so if you want to stay together, you go to practice."

If he said this to me months ago when we first started dating, I would have just slapped him and walked away, but I put up with it now. I don't really know why I put up with it. Things are just different now. I am different now.

I notice people staring at us while Billy's grip gets tighter on my ass. All of these eyes on me is not something I am used to and it is not something I am a fan of. Before Billy, I liked being invisible. I could just live under the radar and not worry about people ever really looking at me. Now... well, I am dating royalty of Hawkins High.

I do not like seeing people whisper while Billy's hands stay firmly on me. I push him off of me quickly starting to get annoyed by him. "God you are such a dick! I will fucking go, but you're definitely not ripping off my uniform later!"

"That's what you say now babe, but you'll be begging for me later." Billy smacks my ass and runs off to the other basketball players.

I finally feel like I can breath again when he walks away. I let out a long sigh and rub the bridge of my nose questioning how I let it get this far. Why did I let things go so wrong?

I turn around to walk to class, but I am greeted by a sight that is almost as bad as Billy trying to get all sexy with me. My brother is standing with my former best friends Steve Harrington and Robin Buckley. They all just look at me wide eyed and mouth hanging open in shock.

Great. Just my luck.

"Good to know you ditched us for such a healthy and loving relationship" Steve says in his typical petty attitude.