Dumbledore went to speak, but Cassiopeia kept talking, needing to take this weight off her chest. "And - worst of all - my father was nowhere to be seen. None of my family were. They're what is most important to me, and they were nowhere to be found. Neither was Andie, or the Greengrass', who are like a second family to me. I just- I can't-" the girl started to hyperventilate, before bursting into tears.

The aged wizard who sat opposite her stood up slowly before making his way over to the shaking girl. Placing a supportive arm on her shoulder, he knelt down to her level.

"There is always support to be found at Hogwarts, Cassiopeia. I know how your family is, and I know they love you very dearly, as you do them, but it is most important to follow what the heart wants, my dear, a moral I have learnt over many years." he spoke serenely, and Cassiopeia's breathing hitched.

"But it really is not who I am. No one here knows who I am, headmaster, and it's exhausting." she groaned, looking down at the floor.

"And who are you, Miss Malfoy?" he questioned softly.

"I'm my fathers daughter." she laughed softly, before letting her tears spill out of her eyes once more. The thought of her father made her extremely upset, and she couldn't fathom how he'd react to any of this.

Dumbledore nodded, completely understanding the character of Lucius Malfoy. "I may have to disagree with that notion, my dear."

Cassiopeia's head shot up, her face pink and her eyes wet. "What?"

"Well, kindness is integral to one's character, no matter how much of a facade you may believe that to be. You may interact with the student body and feel dishonest with who you are being, but I can assure you that very few people can keep it up in such a way, and beneath any contempt you may believe you feel, is a consideration and concern that you don't even realise you have."

"You, Cassiopeia Druella Malfoy, are of the belief that you must be superlative in everything you do and achieve, and that ambition is why you are such an exemplary Slytherin student. But you are not quite like the rest of your family; from your father not hiding his true nature and bigotry well, especially not when he was a student, to your hair colour."

Cassiopeia's eyes widened. "How-"

"It's unmissable, after three years of overlooking you. Your fellow students haven't noticed it, so I implore you to not threat over this. Did you know of your aunt, Andromeda Black?"

"Vaguely. Mother doesn't like to talk about her, but father said she was a blood traitor." the girl shrugged.

"A most peculiar term, isn't it? Being traitorous to one's blood. How, when blood runs through your veins just as the love explodes from your heart? It's the opposite of betrayal, isn't it? It's following what is true to one's self." Dumbledore spoke before standing up and looking over at the array of portrait, all of which were looking down on the two people who occupied the space.

"You remind me of your aunt, my dear. She struggled for years to follow her heart, but she thrived when she finally did. She is one of the happiest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting." the man began to pace back to his desk, allowing Cassiopeia to soak up the information.

"And you resemble your first cousin, Sirius Black, unnervingly to most. My dear, it seems that the stars aligned at your birth and fated you to be daring. This does not come easily, and I imagine you have a lot to think about now, but I believe you can be the most powerful witch of your generation, if only you use your powers for what they were designed to be. You're better than you know, kinder than you can imagine and stronger than anyone here could fathom."

"I would like to propose that we arrange a bi-monthly meeting, wherein I can act as a support to your mind and your magic. Even if you detest what I stand for now, it will at least help form you into that strong which that people say you will be." Dumbledore propositioned, now stood above the seated girl, his kind eyes twinkling behind his glasses.

Before Cassiopeia could remind herself of everything that she had ever told herself, that others had told her, she stood up confidently and offered the most powerful wizard England had ever seen her hand.

"I would like that very much, sir."

The Professor smiled, before shaking her hand. "Then it is agreed. The eleventh and the twenty-eight of each month, we are to meet. I look forward to it, Cassiopeia."

The Malfoy nodded before picking up her bag and going to the door, but she turned around before she departed.

"And this is completely secret, isn't it? You won't tell my family, or any other Professors?" she asked, her eyes darting around in a nervous nature.

"It is between you, these four walls and I."

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧