Nerve Laceration.

En başından başla

- You think I'm a fool?

- ...N-no. - even talking was painful.

- So tell us about the weapons cache; it's easy!

- H-have mercy... I don't know...

- Fucking wench!!!

I screamed.
I don't know how loud and for how long, but I screamed at full capacity.
The pain... I never imagined such immense amount of pain could exist beyond of what my medical practices taught me. Feeling it in your own body was an entire different experience. It was absolute insanity. It only grew stronger. Even air was making it worse. Muscles spasms... I wished for the gods to put me out of my misery. It was all too much.

Two knives. Each one of them buried into my legs. The blood started to emerge and flood through the cut, bathing me from the knee down. Any movement was making me feel the blades nearly touching my bones... I was doomed.

My vision was getting blurry; lightheadedness creeping in. It was a matter of minutes until I completely pass out... And it was terrifying.
What they would do to me...?!? May Hades take me already; I couldn't take anymore.
I didn't have the chance to return home...
I didn't have the chance to make friends...
I didn't have the chance to say what I feel to Soap... To Johnny...

Johnny... Please, help...!!!

***********************************

I woke up being drowned.
I coughed, felt my nose burn and my airways nearly got clogged. The despairing sensation that invaded my brain was absurdly taxing.
The terrorists poured a bucket of cold water over my head; not only almost drowned me but also it caused me a thermal shock: such sudden temperature change had stroke me with a sharp pain in my head. Confused, scared and now in debilitating pain, I didn't know if I should cry, scream, or simply let myself go.

The insurmountable pain from the knives still buried in my legs were the reminder that I was still alive, and that I would have to endure much more until they decide that wasn't worth it keeping me as hostage. The terrorist was glaring at me with a sadistic look in his dark eyes, trying to see any sort of response from my battered being. I was all over the place emotionally... The last thing I would think about was to react.

- ...Still alive, I see.

- ... ... - breathing became painful.

- Stubborn but strong, impressive. I would make you my third wife! - he guffawed, amused with his idea.

- ... ...

- Tell me about the weapons cache, and nothing else happens, woman.

- I... I don't know... - my throat was hurting badly. - I don't... Have that... Information...

- You are difficult! Want to die that much?!?

He didn't spare me a chance for a reply; punched me on the stomach with vertiginous hate.
I felt my guts go into disarray, probably caused a rupture somewhere. Bile and stomach acid emerged quickly up to my esophagus; I threw up blood and a greenish viscous thing. My tears were burning the bruises and cuts on my face, I stopped breathing. I felt the veins on my neck and temple pop out, my vision was severely compromised at that point.

I wanted to die. I was probably dying.

My ears stopped ringing, everything fell deaf around me.
My vision went dark.
I was feeling so tired...
I lost consciousness once again...

I was hoping that this time I'd never come back to my senses.

******************************

And I got back from my unconsciousness once again; another bucket of cold water poured over my face. Same questions. More punishment.
More pain. More blood spilled. I felt a bone break.
Was it a limb? A facial fracture? One of my ribs?
I didn't know anything anymore.
I got robbed of my dignity for Gods knows for how long, my humanity got violated several times to no end.

I was losing hope that anybody would come and save me... Death would be a luxurious favor... And yet, they would obviously deny me that. I had not a single ounce of energy in me to do anything. I dissociated.

Everything wasn't familiar anymore. All I could see were walking shadows babbling incoherent things, muffled voices and undetected touches. I was barely breathing. I swear I thought I could see Charon waiting for me to cross the river... But I didn't have any coins to pay for the trip... Roaming around the nowhere, incapable of going to the Elisium or the Underworld... The disgrace is complete. My mother would weep and wail for the rest of her days. My poor mother...

The container started shaking; I could hear muffled sounds of explosions and gunshots. It seemed like a whole war was unfolding outside; screams and more explosion sounds. I was too weak to move... Whatever was going on, death was one step closer to take me away from all that. I was ready.

Suddenly the container doors were blasted open; my vision was blurred and too strained to react to the sunlight.

" ...Wounded, we will need help to move her!"

Those voices... I know them...

"...Those bastards tortured her!!!"

Wait... Is that...?

Johnny...?

- Sorry for taking so long, Mo' Leannan... But is all okay now! You're safe!!!

All I could do was line out a weak smile. Johnny had saved me...
My love had finally saved me...