10, also my lucky number.

Also by the gate number, it said they were boarding.

But by the time I got over to his gate, the doors to the plane were shut.

"No," I whisper, and look around for an attendant, "ma'am, is this plane boarded completely?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry," she has an apologetic look on her face and I smile and nod.

My stomach was turning with guilt. I find a nearby bathroom and go into a stall. I put a hand over my eyes to stop myself from crying.

"Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit," I whisper.

I take a deep breath and compose myself, pulling out my phone to send a text.

Mellie
I cannot believe you. I've told you repeatedly that we should just be friends and you never listen to me. You don't love me. I don't love you. Please, for your own sake, don't ever talk to me again.

Grant
Please Mellie, you're the love of my life. I'm begging you.

Mellie
You're embarrassing yourself. You don't even know my middle name.

Grant
I don't need to know that to know that I have serious feelings for you.

That other guy is too young to give you what you need.

Mellie
Like what?

Grant
A stable relationship

Mellie
Get your priorities straight. We are never getting together, ever. Now, I hope you find someone. But leave me alone, please.

Grant
I'll always have feelings for you, Mellie.
Read 11:17 a.m.

After years of letting him down easy, I am done. He pursued me when I was most vulnerable and continued to pursue me even after I told him I didn't have feelings for him.

So I did what any rational person would do, I blocked him. On everything.

But now I have a larger problem on my hands- how am I going to get Jack to believe me. It's bad enough that I told him we never dated, but he thinks we've been dating this entire time. 

I close out of all of the social media apps and call Gracie. I also leave the bathroom so people couldn't hear everything.

"Hey Mel, what's up?" She says cheerfully.

"Oh Grace," I groan, "I really screwed up."

"What? What happened?"

"So you know how Grant has been so obsessed with me for the past two years?"

"Yeah, it's kinda creepy."

"Well, last night Jack and I were on the couch and I fell asleep. I guess Grant thought it would be a good time to confess his undying love for me. And Jack saw the texts."

"What were they like?"

"Bad. He told me he loved me and that Jack was just his clone and that he knows I want him and all this stuff. And how the past two years have meant nothing to me."