2. What Happened with Me- 1?

Saanvi's POV

I was a sweet girl, who loved normal things, before she left and it shattered me

I was a sweet girl, who loved normal things, before she left and it shattered me. Now, I am just an unhappy girl with a broken heart, due to which I haven't been with anyone and living a mundane life. I wake up, go to office and come back home and repeat this cycle. I was never liked this, it happened because of a person named Riley, who left me.

I got married a year ago with Riley, my wife. I met her when I was in college, she used to work as a waitress in the college cafeteria. The first time I saw her, I wanted to see her again and I kept doing that. Finally, one day she confronted me about stalking her. I was blown and didn't know what to say, so she took a pen which was on the table and a tissue paper and wrote something. She handed it to me and left. I read it and it said, "Date? 7 pm today. MacDonalds, outside the campus." I had a smile on my face.

And this is how it started, we dated for a couple of months till I graduated. Being graduated from the Columbia University, it is easy to get a nice job. I got a 165,000 US$ job and I proposed her. She rejected the proposal, saying that our status don't match, besides what I will be earning in a month is more than her annual income and bla bla bla. Somehow, I convinced her and got married.

Couple of months passed by, life was going well, our marriage was going well. Like every day, we were talking about our day and she seemed off. That night, I remembered her talking about having her own restaurant one day, about how much money would she require and everything. She had a well-designed plan for a restaurant.

I decided to make her happy by fulfilling her wishes, so I applied for a business loan on my name. Riley was very surprised when we first went to a bank for a loan. She cried out a lot and I still remember what she said, "I am very thankful to God for creating you and sending you in my life." And based on my salary and the tag of Columbia, I got a 400,000 US$ loan. Riley was very happy and kissed me all over. We had sex all day and night and that was amazing.

Few days later, the loan amount was transferred to her account. I got a call from the bank that the loan amount was transferred. I called Riley to congratulate and tell her the good news, but her call didn't connect. I went home, I couldn't find her anywhere, some, I was worried thinking that we might be robbed and thieves must have taken her. I didn't know what to do, so asked my neighbors, one of the neighbors had seen her leaving the house with her bags.

I saw an envelope on the table. On an envelope, 'FOR SAANVI' was written. I opened it, it was a hand written note mentioning that she has withdrawn loan amount and depleted my account. She also mentioned that she doesn't think that it was working between them and hence she is leaving. I shouldn't contact her again as she never wants to meet her. I checked my bank accounts and they were empty. I didn't know what to do, so I called my mother and told her everything.