He's... Something...

"I'm sorry... For leaving you alone, I promise I'll take better care of you from now on."

For some reason, I found comfort in his words. I knew those words weren't for me, but it didn't make it any less pleasant.

His once cold palms were now warm, as if it had gotten used to the touch of my skin.

He grumbled a few more incoherent words before I snapped back to the absurdity of the situation, a stranger who's completely hammered is sitting on top of me.

I grabbed his waist and gently pulled him off. I laid him on the ground, letting out an exhausted sigh as I sat next to him. As soon as his back touched the ground he shut his eyes, drifting off to sleep.

I sat still for a couple of minutes, letting my brain process what just happened. Realization struck, my eyes widened. I couldn't let him sleep drunk out in the open, and I wasn't willing to wait till he fully sobered up. So I quickly shook him awake. It took me a while since he was deeply asleep, but I somehow succeeded.

His upturned eyes slowly fluttered open, looking tired as ever. I felt bad, but he should at least sleep in the comfort of his home. "Hey, could you call your friends to help you out or something?"

He blinked multiple times, narrowing his eyes before giving me a hostile stare and a repulsed look. "Who're you?"

Is he finally sobering up?

He lunged towards me, grabbing my hair tight. "Ow! What the-"

"Why're you in my car?! Get out!!" He pulled my hair, screaming for everyone to hear. I winced, desperately trying to escape his tight grip. I glanced around to see multiple eyes on us. Groaning in annoyance, my patience was running thin. I grabbed his wrists, "Hey! Calm down will ya?!" I gritted my teeth, holding back a yell as I stared him down, challenging his harsh gaze with mine.

His eyes shot open. "Let me go!" He shouted as he aggressively pulled his hands off. I immediately obliged, shifting away from him.

"I'm sorry, that was uncalled for." I apologized sheepishly. "I was only trying to help."

Scoffing, he whipped his head away as he tried to stand. "I don't need your help, I'm perfectly capable of-" He stumbled to the side, almost hitting the ground before quickly recovering. "Helping myself."

He continued onward despite his inability to walk straight, he clenched his car keys and wobbled his way to the first direction he saw.

I followed him, staying close behind in case he fell. "I know it's not any of my business-"

"Glad you're aware." He replied bluntly. I sighed before continuing, "But you're clearly drunk and," I pointed at the car key he's holding. "I can't just let you drive or go around drunk. It'd be dangerous for you and everyone around."

"But I have to go! I need to- Argh!" He stopped in his tracks as he suddenly cried out in pain. He instinctively wrapped his hands around his head. He stood still, not moving an inch.

With a worried expression, I took a step forward. "Are you okay-"

"I'm... I'm fine! I- Gah!" Contrary to his words, he sounded anything but fine. "I... I can h-handle this so just-"

Not planning to put up with his stubbornness any longer, I moved In front of him, blocking his way. "Could you just stop being so hard headed?!" I hissed, holding back a yell.

I rubbed my temples from the headache this person was giving me. "Please just get this inside your head, you're in no condition to drive. If you'll continue to stay stubborn, then I have no choice but to call the police."