He stood outside the hospital room and glanced inside through the glass window. He felt the blood rushing through his veins and started feeling anxious.

He looked at the woman, in her late 50s, lying on the hospital bed and beside her was the same girl he saw a day before on the reception, who was feeding her the breakfast.

His gaze was ice cold but only he knew, how much his heart was shattering into pieces all over again on seeing her after years.

She looked pale, her black hair had turned white, her skin had wrinkles now and her eyes, they were empty and tired.

"Dad please, I want to meet her. Please, I tried calling her so many times but she isn't picking up my calls." Tears rolled down the eyes of the little boy as he pleaded to his father, standing in front of him after months of staying away from his mother.

"Aayansh, please understand. She left us, she won't ever come back and neither does she wants to meet you." Naveen wiped away his tears but the bitter truth was too much for a 8 year old boy.

"Please Dad. I promise I'll be a good boy to you, I won't ever ask you for anything. No more toys, no more vedio games. Me kabhi masti bhi nhi krunga, I promise." He desperately tried to convince his father, wiping away his tears and the man sitting in front of him felt his heart shattering into pieces seeing his 8 year old son like that.

"You're already a good boy, Aayansh." He pulled the little boy into a hug, his own eyes welling up hearing Aayansh's sobs. Both of them looked in the direction when the door of their room opened.

"Papa, bhai, Chachu got me a new toy." A three year old came running into the room, exclaiming in happiness but soon his smile faded seeing the tears in his elder brother's eyes.

"Ahaan." Naveen mumbled while Aayansh wiped his tears immediately.

"Aap kyu ro rhe ho?" He asked in his baby voice, approaching his father and brother with tiny steps and proceeded to wipe his tears with his small hands.

(Why are you crying?)

"Vo I wasn't giving him the new vedio game because he didn't scored well in his test." Naveen came up with some excuse.

"Papa, pweese give him what he wants, I can't see him claing (crying)." Naveen nodded and pulled him towards himself before making him sit in his lap.

"Ahaan, will you be a good boy and play with Shivam and won't trouble chachu and Chachi. Me and Aayansh Bhaiya is going go bring him the new vedio game, hmm?"

"But plomise me that you'll get me a choco choco." He pointed at his father making both of then chuckle at his cuteness.

"Of course." Naveen kissed his cheeks and Ahaan asked Aayansh to bent down to his level.

"Whenever you want something, ask me. Papa muje kabhi mna nhi karte kyuki me chhota hu na." With this, he rushed out of the room after kissing Aayansh's cheeks.