Aayansh tilted his head a little to look at her.

"It's already midnight. Won't you sleep?" She asked hesitantly, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Tum so jao, I'll come after some time."

(You can sleep.)

Kyu aayi yha Aadhya, he told you that he needs some space but you have to keep bugging him.

She scolded herself before nodding her head and turned around to leave.

She didn't know what to do, to stay by his side or to give him the space because he asked her to.

She understood that he was trying to isolate himself just like the day when Nandini created the scene but the difference was, that day she knew the reason behind his pain but today, she knew nothing.

Sometimes people really needs space but most of the time, they needs someone by their side even when they are pushing them away.

But I can't force my presence on him.

Laying on the bed while waiting for him, she didn't know when her eyes started getting heavy and slowly the sleep engulfed her but she couldn't deny the fact that, she felt his arms being wrapped around her like every other day.

The next morning she found the bed empty when she woke up. After freshening up, she walked into the living room where she met Shivam who seemed to come back from his morning run.

"Good morning Bhabhi." Shivam wished her enthusiastically and returning the wish, she looked here and there for Aayansh.

"Did you see Aayansh?" She asked, not finding him around.

"Yeah. I saw him when I was leaving for jogging. He said there's some important work so he needs to leave early." She nodded.

He could have left a message for me at least.

"Bhabhi, is everything alright?" Shivam questioned, seeing her a little tensed.

"Yeah, everything's good." She forced a smile.

I hope he at least slept well.

"Alright then. I'll freshen up Phir hum Airport chalte hai, they'll be landing in an hour." She agreed and went back into the room, having no appetite for the breakfast.

(We'll go to the airport.)

With a heavy heart, Aayansh stood in front of the hospital building, debating whether to go inside or not.

Finally when his heart won over his mind, he walked inside, plastering the tough and cold facade over his face.

All the flashbacks, the pain, the hurt, the scars on his heart seemed too fresh to be ignored. He had no idea about her for years now. The last time he saw her was during his high school, when she used to come to meet him, apologizing for what she did.

Her family, he didn't even know who were those people, what happened to the man she left him for. What she did, how she lived. He knew nothing but then suddenly, It all came in front of him and she entered his life again or to say, she never left.

The birthday wishes, despite hating her, he could never bring himself to change his number because as much as he despised her, his heart wanted her.

That's the tragic thing about hating your parents, you never stop loving them, no matter how much they have wounded your heart.

"Can you tell me the room number where Poonam Maheshwari is?" He asked the receptionist and went towards the informed direction. He hated how much he wanted to see her, he hated how his heart still craved for the motherly warmth.