I look up with tears in my eyes to see them holding my other shoe in their hand. One of the boys brings his hand holding the shoe up holding it in the air before dropping it into the mud.

A sob racks through me as I watch my other shoe get ruined. My mommy spent so much for them to be ruined.

I look back up at them to see them laughing, they laugh harder when they see my face.

I sit back on my butt bringing my knees up to my chest. I watch as they laugh and I see a third boy walking up to us.

I realize he's the new kid and I cry harder thinking he's coming to laugh with them.

When he gets to us he takes in the scene and his confused face becomes angry. He looks at the boys laughing and he watches as one of them begins to bend down to pick up my shoe.

But before he can pick it up the new kid brings his hands out pushing him into the mud. He lands face first into the mud and his friend's laughter stops and so does my quiet sobs. I watch as the boy is now crying covered in mud.

I can't help but giggle at this. I guess he doesn't like being picked on either.

I look up to see the new kid watching me laugh at my bully covered in mud. He smiles at me and I wipe my tears and give him a small smile.

He's in my class and sits right outside the lunchroom doors waiting to go back inside everyday. He has brown hair a little lighter than mine and he has the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen.

The two little boys run off to find a teacher and the new kid stays. He bends down close to me.

"Are you Ok?" He asks me. I give him a smile nodding.

It soon fades as I look at my ruined shoes and tears begin to form once again.

"They ruined them." My voice is light and shaky.

He looks at the one I'm holding and the one in the mud. He picks it up and hands it to me. He then stands holding his hand out.

I look up at him and he smiles. I take his hand, he helps me up and I now stand in mud my pretty white socks covered in mud. I frown and I fix my now ruined dress.

"What's your name?" I look at him when he says this, my eyes widening and I smile big.

He wants to be my friend?

"I'm Blair, what's yours?"

He looks at me smiling "I'm Cyrus."

I smile back, He has a pretty name.

"Your name is pretty."

His face turns pick at my complement and I giggle.

"Can we be friends?" I lean side to side looking down scared he will laugh.

"I would like to be your friend."  I snap my head up looking at him and I smile "Really?"

He nods and I jump up excited to have my first friend. "We can do so much together we can play on the swings and we can even color together! I love coloring!"

He laughs nodding his head. "But you have to promise to be friends forever." I make my face look serious.

He holds out his pinky "I promise." I giggle as we connect our pinkies together.

I look behind him and see an angry teacher coming "Oh no"

Cyrus turns around but he doesn't look scared he just stands next to me waiting to get in trouble.

And before the teacher makes it to us he whispers to me.

"I'll get you some new pretty shoes."

I blush, He thinks my shoes are pretty.

End of flashback

I grip the counter as I take in what just happened. I just had a flashback of what i'm assuming is when me and Cyrus first met.

I take a deep breath and turn off the sink.

I walk into the living room and drop onto the couch.

The front door slams open and a panicked Cyrus walks through. I sit up alarmed. His eyes connect with mine and he relaxes as he walks up to me crushing his lips against mine.

He pulls away and we both stand there out of breath.

"We have to get out of here." He blurts out.

I look at him wide eyed "What do you mean get out of here?"

He takes a step back roughly brushing through his hair.

"Look, I'll tell you everything in the car. We just can't stay here Blair we need to get Bridget and leave. We have to stay in a hotel or something we just can't stay here anymore it's not safe."

"What!" I yell at him "what are you saying Cyrus I can't just get my sister and leave with you. We graduate this year. I can't just leave!"

He steps into me again grabbing my face with his hands "That night was not a coincidence."

I stare at him with wide eyes, my body growing cold. "What?"

His eyes grow soft "I know you don't remember everything but my parents paid that man to get rid of you and they are not going to stop. There is someone else who wants you gone that I still don't know. But trust me Blair we need to leave so I can keep you safe."

I try to take in what he said. Everything seems too much. His parents are the reason I'm struggling. They paid him. They're coming for me.

I look at him watching me for my response. "Get Bridget."

________

Little Blair is so cutee. I love her.

And Cyrus and Blair aren't leaving town they can't they are still minors they are 17 they are also both Seniors.

TIKTOK: Authorwritezzz

Please vote!!

WORDCOUNT: 1,595