17 - Cyrus

Song: Those Eyes by New west

Me and Blair sit down for lunch opposite each other. Tris didn't come today Blair says when she has a boxing match she spends the day getting ready for it so it will just be me and Blair today.

The last I saw Blair was Tuesday when I spent the night. I skipped school yesterday since I had to spend the day sneaking into my parents house for the few things I missed getting the first time like my headphones and my necklace Blair made me. I wore it today so it won't accidentally fall out of my backpack. I also went back to take one of the cars in the garage since sleeping at the bus stop was getting annoying

I got lucky when Blair let me stay the night when it was pouring but I didn't want to bother her anymore so I went to get the car. It's definitely an upgrade from the bus stop.

I watch Blair as she sketches something on her math homework. I can't see what it is but when she moves her hand that was blocking it I have to double take. what she drew takes me completely by shock.

I take a couple seconds to find my words "How-" she looks up when I stop. She sees me looking at the drawing and her eyes widen quickly covering the drawing. "How do you not remember but remember that?" Her face pales at my harsh tone and I screw up my face in confusion. Has she been playing with me this whole time?

"What? No I-" She pauses not knowing what to say. My heart stops waiting for her to answer.

She takes a deep breath before continuing. "No I did not know you before you moved here or I have no memory of knowing you." She looks at me "I promise."

"Then how do you remember that moment?" I say pointing to the drawing in her hand of us when we were younger eating ice cream. We were about 13 when I asked her out for our "First date" . I remember being so nervous even though we were best friends and the only thing I could think of doing was to get her ice cream. And of course Blair being her she says yes not caring what we do.

Her drawing captures the moment so well our smiles as we laugh about random things while eating ice cream. She even drew the necklace I was wearing the same necklace I'm wearing now, everything was perfect.

She stares at me a few seconds before saying "I don't know at random parts of the day I remember moments from where my mom was alive that I didn't remember before and you're in them or I get these dreams of us together, some bad and some good."

I stare at her completely taken back from what she just said. She didn't wake up one day not remembering me or her mom. Something had to have happened that caused this.

"Do you remember your mom's death?" I question

Tears fill her eyes and I regret asking. she looks down at her lap whispering "No."

I sit there for a bit before asking another question "Do you know why you moved?"

At first she doesn't say anything but then she finally looks up sniffling but looks more composed.

"No I woke up here one day with a broken arm and the news of my mother's passing but I could barely remember any memories of her. Everything before is foggy. I don't really remember anything before moving here. That was until you moved here and that's when I started having these weird things happen."

She's fidgeting with her hands now so I grab them and I hold them. "No one would tell you what happened?" She shakes her no "When I asked my father after I woke up he said he was busy and he couldn't talk and Bridget said she didn't know but I knew she was lying I just didn't want to make her tell me."

She looks down again and I bring her hands up to my lips. when bringing them down I still hold on "Hey, look at me." She looks up looking into my eyes "It's okay and I know you're confused and I know you wanna know what happened and i'll help you if you allow me to." She offers me a small smile "Really?"

Now I smile "If it's gonna get you to remember me and your mom's death then yes and if it doesn't it's okay." She looks at me and smiles thanking me.

____

After school I drove Blair to pick up Bridget from school. The car ride there was silent, Blair had grabbed my hand once we got in and has not let go of it and I'm not complaining.

I stroke my thumb across her hand as Blair watches for Bridget to come out.

When she sees her come out I roll down Blair's window for her to call Bridget over. Once Bridget spots us her eyes light up jumping up and down excitedly she runs towards my car. 

I quickly get out to open the door for her and she jumps right in. When I get back into the driver seat, Bridget is asking Blair many questions about what's happening "What No were not" Blair says responding to one of the many questions Bridget's asking. "Mhmmm sure ill keeps yours guys secret. Bridgets says giggling like a lunatic.

"What did she ask?" I question as we pull out of the school's parking lot. "It was nothing, just a silly question." Blair says looking out the window.

I Hum in response, I drive towards Blair's house to drop them off. Blair has Tris' match to go to tonight which leaves Bridget alone. Blair said that the fight lasts about an hour or two not long. Bridget will be asleep when Blair leaves.

I offered to come with Blair so she will have a ride but she said Tris is picking her up and she will be fine. But when she explained to me what Tris does for money it didn't sit right with me Blair alone while Tris is fighting she could easily get kidnapped or worse. She said she will be fine and she will call if she needs me and it helped a little.                                           

Bridget talks to Blair about her day while I drive and listen. Suddenly Bridget squeals out of excitement and rushes to open her backpack. I watch in the rear view mirror and smile at the happy little girl in the back. She pulls out a paper and shows Blair.

Blair grabs the paper out of her hand and looks at it and she smiles a big smile turning to face Bridget.

"Sunny! You passed, I'm so proud of you." Blair's voice is full of excitement Bridget giggles blushing from the attention. "I only passed because of Cyrus helping me."

I grab the paper while still focusing on the road and when we stop at a red light I look at her score. She had gotten 10 questions right out of 10. It's the same math problem I was helping her with a few weeks ago.

I hand it back to Bridget with a smile on my face "You did good, sunny. I'll take you for ice cream this weekend as an award." She squeals, jumping in her seat " If it's okay with your sister." I add, not wanting to make plans without her permission. 

Bridget looks at Blair with pleading eyes "I have a shift on Saturday but i'll see if I can move it to Sunday." Bridget smiles doing a happy dance which earns a laugh from me and Blair.

____

THOUGHTS?

Don't forget to vote!!

TIKTOK : Authorwritezzz

WORDCOUNT: 1,303