. Chapter Twelve .

Start from the beginning

I remember what Asui said— "Don't you think they wouldn't be trying so hard if they didn't have a way to kill him?"

No way...

Kai POV

I get a bad feeling the moment I sense a surge of power followed by an enormous gust of wind. The energy of whatever attack just happened...it was strong. I grab Kirishima and Bakugou by the arms, "We need to get over there!" I break into a sprint, dragging the two behind me.

As we run, I focus on my aura sensing ability. Everyone's spread out. But the biggest mass of auras comes from the center. Shigaraki, Kurogiri, Midoriya, Asui, Mineta, Aizawa, and something...strange. The foreign, unidentified energy feels wrong—inhuman.

There's another surge in energy followed by a loud noise from across the dome. This energy is unmistakable, it All Might. If their mission was to kill All Might...maybe he shouldn't have come here.

"Kai—we can run by ourselves." Kirishima winces slightly under my grip. I stop in my tracks, releasing him and Bakugou. My breath is unsteady, and I can feel panic gripping my chest.

"I—sorry—" I exhale shakily, "We need—we need to get over there." I can sense Bakugou and Kirishima's uneasiness at my shaky state, but I only turn around and sprint forward. I should be relieved that All Might's here, but I can't shake the feeling that something's going to go terribly wrong.

My quirk is buzzing, sensing my distress and jumping to protect me. The activeness of my quirk improves everything. The energy currents that I use to navigate terrain with my blindness grow easier to sense, it's almost like I can see every little pebble, twig, and crack in the pavement. My aura sensing grows hypersensitive. I can tell where everyone is, and their general physical condition. And more than anything, my Chakra stirs and ebbs through my body, causing my fingertips to heat up, producing thermal energy fuelled by my chakra.

I firmly inform Bakugou and Kirishima of the situation we're running towards, "All Might's here. Aizawa's barely conscious and he's pretty beat up, Thirteen's completely unconscious and in critical condition. All our classmates are currently without any major injuries from what I can tell." I lower my head, "There's a really powerful being here. I don't know if it's a person, but it's strong. If I had to guess...it's probably what they planned to kill All Might with. A battle is about to go down, and we can only hope that All Might wins." I slow my pace as we reach the edge of the Ruins Zone, "While he deals with that, our best bet is to get Kurogiri out of the picture. Without his warping, they won't be able to escape. We can hold the villains here until more help arrives."

I come to a complete stop, not quite ready to enter the unfamiliar area. My hands clench into fists, "I can hold Kurogiri, I want you guys to attack his physical body. It's protected by a neck plate. You'll be able to find it. If you can get him pinned, Bakugou, one good threat to blow his ass skywards will keep him from trying anything. He doesn't have a lot of vulnerable areas, but he wears that neck plate because he's extremely vulnerable on the small part of physical body he has."

I sense another surge of energy as All Might begins to unleash attacks. The dread in my body makes me feel sick. Just on the edge of where the main fight is happening, we take cover behind some rocks. I gag and suddenly, I'm throwing up the small amount of food I've consumed today.

"Whoa—Kai, you okay?" Kirishima asks, gently rubbing my back. After a moment, a pair of hands reaches towards my face before carefully pulling my hair from my face. With Bakugou holding my hair back and Kirishima rubbing my back, I manage to finish throwing up and stand upright.

"I'm f-fine." I shake my head, "It's just my quirk getting overstimulated."

"Have you had any water today?" Kirishima asks sweetly, patting my shoulder.