My Running Around is Through

Start from the beginning

"Link? Are you coming with that pan?" The voice from earlier called for him again. He could tell his mom was getting really desperate for a savior now, and he needed to help out with the problem she faced.

"Sorry, just a moment!" Link said, grabbing the pan he laid on the counter, sprinting back to his mother in Granny's Room. Anju was still keeping off the floor, frozen in fear while hiding atop the desk chair. She took care in staying away from the large spider that scurried along near the fireplace.

"Where is it?" Link burst through the door and held the pan defensively, looking around frantically. Anju pointed to where the spider resided, and Link slowly approached the arachnid.

Before the menace could strike, Link bashed it with the frying pan.

"Hiya!"

After a moment, Link lifted the pan and looked at the remains of the spider with disgust. "I'll clean this up..."

Link left for the kitchen again and Anju finally calmed down. She stepped down from the chair and took a few deep breaths. After a quick shudder, her son came back with a towel to sop up the mess.

"Thank you, honey." Anju said to the teen before leaving the room. Link smiled back and put the dirty towel in the basket to be washed later. Then he went back to his room, his girlfriend waiting for him. This was her only day off from work, and she was determined to spend as much as she could with Link.

"Sorry about that..." Link said nervously, his hand going to the back of his neck by instinct. He walked past old his sword and shield that lay propped up on the wall near the bookcase, not even giving them any thought. A large layer of dust covered them, making it almost impossible to tell that the Mirror Shield had a face on it.

"It's alright, Grasshopper!" Romani replied, extending her arms for a hug. Link didn't hesitate to embrace her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her on the lips.

"So, what did I miss?" Link asked, parting the kiss and peering through the window again. He saw Jim and his new girlfriend, Pamela, still holding hands just outside the inn.

"Not much. Pam did lean her head onto Jim's shoulder though!" Romani explained. The two teens giggled; they knew they shouldn't be spying on Clock Town's newest couple, but after so long of trying to get the two together, they couldn't resist.

Link knew Pamela personally. He did save her father from becoming a Gibdo all those years ago, but he could tell she was... troubled. She needed companionship. Someone to love her enough to help her love herself, in a way her father couldn't. Ikana Canyon wasn't the most populated place. And with Jim's spunky attitude, he and Romani figured they'd be good for each other.

"Hmmm... Do you have any ideas on what they'll do next?" Link asked Romani. She thought for a second until shrugging. Before Link could give his own idea, Romani suddenly had something pop into her head.

"Ooo! Maybe they'll go and play one of the games together!" Romani chirped, pointing towards the Treasure Chest Shop. Link giggled at the idea of the two working together like them. Soon enough, Romani proved to be correct, as Jim whispered something into Pamela's ear and then they took off to the shop.

"Job well done!" Link said, raising his hand in the air and waiting for a high-five. Romani wasted no time giving him what he desired before sitting down onto the bed across from them.

"So... Now what?" Romani asked in a sing-song voice. Link recognized that look in her eyes. She wanted to ride.

"Oh no, not now." Link said, a stutter washing over him.

"Oh come on, Grasshopper! It's been so long!" Romani whined. She was determined to get what she wanted. After a moment of doe eyes from his girlfriend, Link caved in.