𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10

Start from the beginning

• • • •

The second place we visited was a library. It looked grand on the outside, but it was even more magnificent inside. Everywhere you looked, there were only books from floor to ceiling. There had to be about over a thousand of them inside the library alone.

"Wow, this library is simply marvelous! There are so many books it almost rivals the library back in my homeland." Sonia gushed, her eyes shining brightly at the sight of such beautiful treasures.

"I know, right? There are so many books it would probably take me over 100 years to even get close to finishing half of it." You agreed, skimming through one of the books on the shelves.

"What's a library doing on an island, anyway? I highly doubt anyone would really come here." Hajime questioned.

"That's not true! I'm here reading!" We heard a high-pitched voice shout. We looked over to see it was just Monomi.

"Since I'm here, I can explain it to you?" She offered.

"Oh, I see..." Sonia spoke, clearly bothered by her presence.

"I can tell by your face that I'm a nuisance, since I'm acting more energetic than usual. I'm feeling more empty now." Monomi sulks.

"No, it's fine. Just go ahead and explain it to us." You suggested.

"Well, since you guys are students, I created this library to be a place where you guys could all come together and do your homework." She told us.

"Don't try and act like our teacher!" Hajime shouted at her.

"I am your teacher!" Monomi spat back.

"Well, you don't act like one. What's your true identity and motive?" He interrogates her.

"R-Real Identity that's silly." She awkwardly laughed, not sure how to respond before she just abruptly said goodbye and disappeared.

"Running away at every inconvenience that makes her even more suspicious." Hajime commented, crossing his arm.

"I still cannot believe she's the one who prepared this grand facility." Sonia uttered.

"Yeah, she's probably lying." Hajime responded flatly.

"According to this island's guidebook, many of their guests are wealthy and stay for weeks at a time. These are all probably things that they donated." Sonia deduced.

"I'm sorry, did you say island guidebook?" You asked.

"Mhm, I found it in this library. Would you like to take a look?" She offered as she laid the book down on a table. You glanced through the page and read a little bit of it.

The page said, 'Jabberwock Island is a small island in the Pacific Ocean known for being a paradise of an enteral summer. Jabberwock Island consists of a small central island surrounded by five other islands. The outer islands were developed as resorts, while the central island has an administration building. A bronze statue in the lobby of this building symbolizes the island.'

"Wow, isn't this what Byakuya was telling us before?" You recalled.

"Yes, but I noticed something strange as well. On the central island, it says that there's an administration building, but it's nowhere to be found. There's only Monokuma Rock and the park." Sonia mentioned.

"That's not all. Inside the guidebook, it also mentions the only way to travel between the five islands is by boat." She adds.

"Then how have we been getting around the islands?" Hajime asked.