𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

A/N: Sorry for the late chapter. I wanted to push this out sooner, but these trials are really long. Anyways, thank you so much for the 300 reads I really appreciate it and Happy pride month!🌈💖👩🏾‍💻

Chapter 8
6k words
––––––––––––––––

A long, suffocating silence fell over the courtroom as we all stared at the person we once used to know as Nagito.

"Let's cut to the chase. You're correct! I am the one who killed Byakuya." Nagito's voice was calm and sounded almost amused by all of this. His arms were crossed casually across his chest, his face showed no shred of guilt.

Your eyes widened. Your mouth opened in horror as you took in what he had just said. You glanced around to see the others' expressions of shock.

"W...What?" You breathed out shakily.

"Yup, I'm the one who hid the knife under the table before the party started. I'm the one who used the power cord to find my way to the table in the dark. And of course, I'm the one who caused the blackout. After all, there's no way I'd knowingly whip out a knife in front of everyone." Nagito continued to grin in smug satisfaction.

"I-Is it just me or... Does he seem a little nuts right now?" Ibuki awkwardly asked.

You could only stare in awe at him. Was this really true...Did he...You couldn't wrap your head around anything he was saying. You thought back to the very first time you met him. He was so sweet and comforting to you then. It seemed almost impossible for such an empathetic and caring person like him to secretly be a cold-hearted killer underneath.

"But I never expected Byakuya to have night vision goggles. Because of that, we had ourselves a little tussle under the table, and well...You all saw how that played out." He chuckled softly.

"But with a twist ending like this, I think we can all agree this ended up being a very interesting mystery. Hahaha Byakuya performed admirably!" Nagito exclaimed. His voice turned from pleasant to downright sinister and malicious.

"But why?" You whispered. You didn't mean for the question to come out as soft as it did.

"Hm?" He turned to you curiously.

"Why would you do all this? We were all happy together. Even if we were stuck on some strange island, at least we all still had each other, but then you went ahead and killed Byakuya. For what, Nagi? Was this really the true you or were you lying to me this whole time? All those moments, when you would comfort and console me...Were you just being nice to me to get me on your side? Is that it? Was I just some pawn to you!?" You shouted hysterically. You couldn't contain your emotions anymore.

He didn't answer, he only stared at you emotionlessly with those lifeless green eyes. They were unlike the soft pale green eyes he used to stare at you with when you were upset. They held nothing but pure despair.

"Answer me already! Don't just stand there and stare at with th-those eyes!" You yelled, tears stinging your eyes.

He simply chuckled again before speaking calmly. "Me lie? That's outrageous. There's no way someone like me could ever lie to you. I understand better than everyone else that I'm ultimately useless. I've made peace with the fact that I'm a lowly, stupid, insignificant human who can't do anything right." Nagito sighed deeply while staring into nothingness.