I think the woman was in her thirties, but the enthusiasm on her face as she caressed and swallowed her partner's thing was so passionate and enthusiastic. Her eyes closed, her beautiful eyelashes, a captivating and erotic sight that was irresistible.

The high school boy could only close his eyes and moan softly, experiencing pleasure beyond his imagination. One or two droplets of saliva fell from her chin as she squatted down, opening her legs wide, her excitement evident as her lower part became wet and stained her yukata.

I really shouldn't have witnessed this.

As I thought that, I glanced at Mahiru and was stunned to see her transfixed, watching the scene of the two lovers. It's hard to explain her reaction, but it was a mixture of shock, confusion, disgust, or maybe... horn--

No, I shouldn't have included the last part.

"Mahiru... Mahiru..."

I tried to call her name.

"Mahiru."

Again, but she still didn't respond.

I sighed, Maybe a little force could snap her out of it. But I didn't want to cause a scene and disturb the two lovers' playtime. The fireworks show was about to start, and I was sure she didn't want to miss it either.

I forcefully pulled Mahiru and covered her mouth to prevent any unnecessary noise. Then I lifted her up like a princess. Mahiru, startled and confused, tried to protest and mumble something, but it wasn't audible because I had covered her mouth with my hand.

I carried her back to the main path and started climbing the stairs. We arrived at the shrine, and there was no one there at all.

The sign above read "Malevolent Shrine"

I put Mahiru down and let her stand.

"What was that just now?"

"Why are you stunned like that? You shouldn't have disturbed them."

"Disturbed? I didn't disturb anyone!"

"If they realized someone was watching, they would be shocked and feel embarrassed because you were paying attention. And in the end, you would get involved in a troublesome situation."

Immoral actions like that shouldn't be done here. People consider the area around the shrine to be sacred, and if a priest or festival organizer were to see this, they would condemn their actions.

To me, it was just a passing breeze. There was no point in exposing their actions, and there was no point in getting involved in other people's affairs.

"Look at the view, Mahiru."

In front of us, there was a tall cliff separated by a wooden fence to prevent people from falling, and the beautiful view of the lake was visible. Shortly after that, night began to fall, and the darkness felt even more intense as the festival lights were turned off. The sound of fireworks cracking signaled the start of the fireworks display.

Mahiru was captivated by the colorful lights that adorned the night, illuminating the sky and creating a magical and enchanting atmosphere. Though I was also captivated by the majestic visuals, I'm sure my expression remained the same.

But seeing the girl beside me smiling happily, enjoying the wonders of the festival and being mesmerized, brought a sense of peace to my heart.

For a moment, I forgot about the burdens on my shoulders.

-

I carried Mahiru down to the festival grounds. Along the way, her wooden sandals broke, and she had difficulty walking. I took the initiative to help her.

"Piggyback?" She worried.

"Why are you surprised? This isn't the first time you've been carried by me, right?"

"You're right... but..."

She tried to recall a past event. Ironically, it was almost similar.

"There's no point in worrying about it. Isn't it?"

I knelt down, offering my back wide open for her. Mahiru hesitantly wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I carried her, and we made our way to a crowded area.

The soft sensation on my back made me slightly uneasy, but I didn't show it on my face. Even though it was covered by layers of fabric and clothing, I could still feel the tempting warmth of her body against mine.

As I thought about it, Mahiru whispered softly, "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"For accompanying me here. I'm having a great time."

I couldn't see her face clearly, but from the tone of her voice, she was genuinely happy. I wanted to see her smile now.

"Well, me too."

"Even though you say that..."

Mahiru pinched my cheek with both hands.

"Kiyotaka, are you truly having fun here?"

"Yeah."

"Really, really, really?"

"Yes."

"But I haven't seen you smile or laugh at all."

"Mahiru, you know that's just how I am, right?"

"Hmm, I promise I'll make you smile for me next time."

"I'm looking forward to it."

"But, are you really enjoying this festival?"

She seemed worried because I hadn't shown any reaction.

I reached for her hand and held it gently, showing my sincerity.

"I am enjoying it, this festival."

That's from the bottom of my heart