Prologue

Anamaria

Mother and father had hidden a lot of thing from me. I always wondered what. Sometime, I would eavesdropped on them and they would always caught me. One day, I was reading a book in my room. Mother and father told me they were going to a ball, and guess what? That night, they never came back. They were murdered and stabbed repeatedly until death. It has to be the Ravernican. Ravernica and Drysdale don't get along. Lancaster, another wealthy kingdom, that used to be our truce kingdom also turned down on us after the Queen of Lancaster married to the King of Ravernica.

The King of Ravernica married the Queen of Lancaster since the Queen of Ravernica died. They both have a baby boy, named Prince Lucifer, who became the crown prince of Lancaster. Few years later, they had another child. A princess. Her named is Princess Christina. The King and the old Queen also has a son, named Prince Garrett, who is the heir of Ravernica. Prince Garret is Prince Lucifer older half-brother. From the press, I have heard that Prince Garett was a player. Everyday, he would changed a women to sleep with and for Prince Lucifer, who always run away from home and being mysterious. Prince Garrett and Prince Lucifer doesn't get along very well and they both hated the fact they were half brother.

Queen Diane was the only child so she ruled Lancaster by herself after her father's death. She was an amazing ruler. After she married the King of Ravernica, she was so excited about having a son because she wanted him to be the future King of Lancaster. And for Drysdale, the King have two daughters, I used to played with them. They also have a son, who was the oldest and the heir. My mother and the queen would talk about how perfect and fit for Prince Harper and I to be together. I used to have a crush on him when I was little, but now I changed. Prince belong with princess. Prince Harper is engaged to Princess Pamela of Kirkpatrick.

My father, Sir Johnatan is the King of Drysdale companion (also known as the king right-hand). The king companion is one of the most dangerous job. Before a kingdom tried to kill the king of another kingdom, they have to go through his companion first. I guess that's how my father died.

My name is Anamaria, I am an heiress. I got my father's wealth and my little sister got my mom's wealth,which isn't that much compared to father. She doesn't care. My sister is also strange too, she would mysteriously disappear out of no where. I liked to call her 'one fast witch' because sometime, she just disappeared. I'm the also oldest girl cousin in my family. Well actually, I wasn't born as the oldest female in the family. I had another cousin, her name was Anastasia. She has been missing for thirteen years now and no one knew where she went. They decided to kicked her out of the family.

I have a long wavy blonde hair, hazel brown eyes, straight nose, and olive skin tone. I look like my mother. My younger sister, Anabeth, has naturally straight black hair, her skin is pale and she has deep black eyes. That's why many people call her enchantress because black eyes are rare. She look like my father a bit but my father has hazel eyes and brown hair. Many people think my sister isn't normal but that's not true. I know her more than anyone else. She's just an innocent little girl.

I look outside the carriage as it's taking us to the market. The carriage stopped and I step out to the market. My maid follow from behind me, I look at her, appreciating that she wanted to help but I can shop on my own. I'm a grown women now, I am nineteen. The fact that I'm nineteen annoyed me. I don't even have a husband. Most girl in my kingdom get married at the age of sixteen. My sister is sixteen and she doesn't even have a boyfriend. She is a girl who love to go on adventure and explore, I don't think she care about wed.

I look at the shopping list.

2 gallons of milk
3 cartons of eggs
Roasted turkey
Four pack of white candles
3 packs of silverware
3lbs of flour
1/2 lbs of sugar
4 lbs of sugar

I look around searching for each store. This is harder than I thought. I've never been shopping by myself before and I never been shopping in such a long time! Ah, great. Now, I wish Nancy was here, but no she's gone. I was foolish.

I look around hoping to find someone to help me. A guy was flirting with a group of girls and the girls giggle at his joke. He look like a farmer, maybe he can help me. I took my courage to tap the guy on the shoulder and decided to ask him for help. The guy turn around followed by his light brown eyes. His brunette hair was perfectly comb. He look like he's from a high ranking family but his clothes ruined it. He was wearing a dirty rag. He smile and turn around to face me, "excuse me, ladies." He said to the girls, who gave me a death glare. "How can I help you miss?"

I look deep at his brown eyes, "I need help finding the eggs shop. Do you know where it is?" I ask him as he gave me a perplex look. There was a serene between us.

He sigh before speaking, "I'm sorry, miss but I do not know anything about this market here." He look disappointed. I frown, I hope I didn't disturbed him in the middle of the flirting. I sigh before walking away, "I'm so sorry I interrupted you mister, you can go back to flirt with the ladies now. I thought you knew because you-" I stopped myself from saying rag, because that's kind of rude.

I stare at his rag before I finished my sentence. He wrinkle his forehead and realized what I was trying to say. He chuckle a bit. "Oh, I'm just a farmer's son who just moved here. I don't know anything. This is my first time here at the market. And I'm assuming your in a higher class." He raise his eyebrows as he look at my silk white cloak and silver gold bracelet and head jewelry on top of my head.

He grin and winks at me. His light brown eyes goes perfectly with his skin and face shape. He smile at me and step forward to held out his hand, "I'm Garrett."

"Anamaria," I said talking his hand and looking at his beautiful brown eyes.

Anamaria